Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do postgraduates not get an induction?

Options
  • 26-08-2013 6:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

I have received my invitation to register for my masters and the website only lists a date for me to pick up my ID, with no induction listed. It doesn't seem like any postgraduate course has an induction this year. I rang them and they suggested I more than likely don't have one, which I think is silly. Nevertheless, they advised me to contact the head of my course. I got no answer when I rang and it's been a week since I've emailed them with no answer. Does anyone have any idea what the story is?

Note: a friend of mine did her masters last year and she said she had an induction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pjm

I'm doing DT228A - computing MSc - and I got an email to say that induction was at 10 am on Tuesday 10th in Kevin St. Email came from cspg@dit.ie which I'm assuming is the computer science 'office' address. Try mailing postgraduate@dit.ie that's the general one that I've been in contact with before and they've always been really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

pjm wrote: »
    I'm doing DT228A - computing MSc - and I got an email to say that induction was at 10 am on Tuesday 10th in Kevin St. Email came from cspg@dit.ie which I'm assuming is the computer science 'office' address. Try mailing postgraduate@dit.ie that's the general one that I've been in contact with before and they've always been really helpful.

Thank you for your reply! Crisis averted, the head of my course finally got back to me. My induction is on the 23rd of September, which seems rather late but at least I know :)

Advertisement