Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house and 12 mth contract

Options
  • 26-08-2013 7:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hi there, at last november i signed for 12 mth contract for gas and electricity.
    Now im propably moving to a new house, that dont have gas connection, but i plan to move my electricity connection there. Does this involve any penalty fees, since there is couple of months left for the original contract?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi finnteme,

Don't worry about penalty fees. These would not apply in the case of a customer having to close their account due to a change of address. We understand that circumstances often intervene.

The exit fee would only apply if you were to switch electricity or gas suppliers before the agreed contract expiry date.

The Moving Home section of our website should provide you with all the information you need for setting up an account at your new address. Feel free to send us the details by PM and we can look after it for you.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to get in touch.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Hi again, im moving this friday.
    can i PM you the details (meter readings from old and new place) here and perform the account switch to the new address? (on friday)

I have the G/MPRN nr's for both places.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi finnteme,
    finnteme wrote:
    can i PM you the details (meter readings from old and new place) here and perform the account switch to the new address? (on friday)

Yes, of course. You're more than welcome to send us a PM anytime, but if you need to wait until Friday to get the required info, it would be best to send it then.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
    David

Hi,i have just sent you PM with the readings etc.
    Pls let me know if you need anything else.

Thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Finnteme,

Can you take a look at your sent items, as we have not received a private message yet. If you sent it to David individually, it should still automatically go to all of us.

Regards,
    Una

• Advertisement

Hi Finnteme,

Can you take a look at your sent items, as we have not received a private message yet. If you sent it to David individually, it should still automatically go to all of us.

Regards,
    Una
    Hi, resent it to Reps address. I dont know what happened LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

No problem at all Finnteme. :)

Advertisement