Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to clean riding hat

Options
  • 26-08-2013 7:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Anyone any good tip on cleaning the inside of my riding hat??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

pmason wrote: »
    Anyone any good tip on cleaning the inside of my riding hat??

Bread soda. Dampen the inside if the hat with a cloth and sprinkle of a layer of bread soda. Leave it for about 5 minutes then, with a nail brush or something similar, scrub the helmet. Rinse well and let it dry. You might need to rinse it again when it is dry. Bread soda cleans it and gets rid of the smells but it can be a bit tricky to rinse.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭pmason

Thanks Sup dude, I'll give it a go.

Cheers
    P

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mariannewims

I find the Charles Owen hat cleaner foam brilliant!
    Just spray, leave the foam for 5 minutes, wipe away and let dry.
    Brought my skullcap back from the brink when I feared it was only fit for the bin ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

You can buy a foam spray which is specifically designed for cleaning the inside of hats and helmets. It gets rid of all grease, sweat and other dirt. I've found it great. Plus it lasts for ages. I picked it up in TRI a few years ago, but I'm sure that other tack shops will stock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭pmason

Great. I never thought there would be a special foam:)

Thanks a mill!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭emma-fly

What a great question! And some really good tips...

I was just spraying the inside of my helmet with dry shampoo!!

Advertisement