Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steeping would you?

Options
  • 26-08-2013 8:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

Steeping would you prefer if juices are not quite ready.
    A: The shop held on to your order and shipped it a few days late?
    B: Or sent on your order with instructions for you to steep it?

Which would be better for you? 8 votes

A: The shop held on to your order and shipped it a few days late?
    0% 0 votes
    B: Or sent on your order with instructions for you to steep it?
    12% 1 vote
    Other suggestion
    87% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭dball

Offer the choice, but for a better service and for what i believe to be a more professional setup (option A) it has to be - however i personally wouldn't advertise any product until its ready to sell - so there would be no holding on to anything - It simply isn't available until its ready to post out.
    I understand e-cigs are not main-stream yet and as a result there might be more leeway with customers. They might be more forgiving and be more prepared to wait but from a professional setup its a no brainer. i am used to receiving my order within 24-36 hours of purchase - i dont want to wait an extra few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If a shop sold it steeped and unsteeped, two customers may get two varieties of the same product.

I'd prefer it wasn't steeped, so I'd get the juice straight away. I'll steep it myself. If I had to wait, I'd probably end up ordering off someone else.

In saying that, if they had some sort of special fridge that they'd steep it in, or some facility to give it an extra UUUMPH before I'd get the product, I may go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

oops

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

the_syco wrote: »
    If a shop sold it steeped and unsteeped, two customers may get two varieties of the same product.

I'd prefer it wasn't steeped, so I'd get the juice straight away. I'll steep it myself. If I had to wait, I'd probably end up ordering off someone else.

In saying that, if they had some sort of special fridge that they'd steep it in, or some facility to give it an extra UUUMPH before I'd get the product, I may go for it.

oops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

If you buy from Grant (GVC) a note comes with the bottle to say how long it's been steeped and if it should be steeped for longer etc, think this is a good way to deal with it if things get really busy and you can't keep up with new orders.

Personally I don't mind getting juices that need steeping as I like to try some unsteeped to compare. Once you're informing the customer if steeping hasn't been completed before it's sent and it's not happening all the time (i.e. most bottles should be fully steeped) then it should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

and apparently you can warp speed your steeping process with an ultrasonic cleaner. google that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I don't mind either way. I do like to be able to try it out at least soon as I get the juice. Have a batch pre-steeped and offer the option maybe?

Advertisement