Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much Burns to feed a puppy?

• 25-08-2013 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I have a 6 month old terrier on burns pork n potato as has a sensitive tum. The vets 2 nurses had different opinions about the daily amounts! One says go with the weight of the puppy and the amount that corresponds to it on the bag around 50 grams, .He is 3 kilo by the wayThother nurse says full 100 grams on measuring jug and couple chicken wings, so I am totally confused. I asked the vet who said don't ever refuse a puppy food, now he is too well! What to believe. Any comments?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

Well,
    with my dog I tend to follow the advice on the bag.
    Then I also try to understand if he is too much hungry and how has been his daily activity.
    Actually I think he is good weight, I don't overfeed him and he is not too thin..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jwdelaney

Jsabina, Thank you for your advice

Regards
    jwdelaney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Rommie

Shouldn't you be feeding by his predicted adult weight rather than his current weight? So at 3kg now, he would be probably be 4kg fully grown so according to the puppy feeding guide he would be on about 80g I think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

on my dog food there is a combined table based on age + predicted adult weight

Advertisement