Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchase Telephone cable for broadband box

• 26-08-2013 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Im wondering if anyone can tell me where i can buy Telephone cable to run from broadband box to computer.

Thanx in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Uiseabhi wrote: »
    Im wondering if anyone can tell me where i can buy Telephone cable to run from broadband box to computer.

Thanx in advance.

Your looking for a rj45 cable. The likes of argos, power city, maybe even tescos would have them. You'll also find them in the pound shops sometimes. Should only cost a couple of euro anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Uiseabhi

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Your looking for a rj45 cable. The likes of argos, power city, maybe even tescos would have them. You'll also find them in the pound shops sometimes. Should only cost a couple of euro anyway.

Thank you. Will chase it up today im looking for 25 mtrs is that possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

The CAT3 {RJ11 plugs} cable that goes from the your mail phone wall-box to the modem should be as short as possible {~2M is fine} but the CAT5 or CAT6 { RJ45 plugs } can be upto 100M long.
    Uiseabhi wrote: »
    Thank you. Will chase it up today im looking for 25 mtrs is that possible.

Advertisement