Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harassment by Electric Ireland

Options
  • 26-08-2013 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

We have had an ongoing issue with Electric Ireland in which we are being charged for our neighbors gas. We brought the issue to them in January when they wanted to charge us €700 and the account was frozen. We were lucky that we caught it in time and the money was not taken from our account.

In spite of constantly sending meter readings we were told they don't use the meter readings you add online or by phone. Instead they rely on Bord Gáis to provide readings. 

A new digital meter was installed in June and we rang them to let them know as we knew the issues. They took the details and the kind man said it was all updated now. Weeks later we are charged €900 which this time is taken from our account in spite of us telling them to freeze the account. 

My wife is on crutches and I had to take two days off work to deal with trying to get the money back. Electric Ireland admit to the error and advised us to get a refund from the bank. They said it would be quicker. Two weeks later after three bank visits we managed to get the bank to get the money back minus the bank charges. 

We have been charged bank fees, repeatedly asked to be informed of the situation and have had no help what so ever from Electric Ireland. We are distressed, tired and now today we get another letter stating they will charge us again the €900 that we got back. 

This harassment is no way to conduct business. We have always paid our bills on time and have done more than our duty in keeping Electric Ireland informed about the issues which were all ignored.

I am looking for someone in Electric Ireland who is capable of listening to us. Please PM me or email me as this has gone way too far.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Meocare,

We are very sorry to read of the difficulties you have been experiencing. Meter readings for gas are ultimately processed by Bord Gáis Networks but if the customer is an Electric Ireland gas customer, we are the first port of call for submission of gas meter readings, then they are passed on to BGN.

Can you private message me your Electric Ireland account number and your name/address and either the contact telephone number on your account or your date of birth? Once you are the named account-holder, I will be able to discuss all account details with you.

Regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 meocare

Hi Una,

A PM has been sent to you.

Advertisement