Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

refund policy lidl

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

im incorrect. it is a lidl brand. ordex supply was the company i know but this is seperate. just looked up ordex and it is a brand registered by lidl. apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

gowley wrote: »
    im incorrect. it is a lidl brand. ordex supply was the company i know but this is seperate. just looked up ordex and it is a brand registered by lidl. apologies.

So surely that should be proof? Gah, I'm tired of thinking about it now lol It's only 12.99 but on principles, I think they should have done things differently!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,997 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

So surely that should be proof? Gah, I'm tired of thinking about it now lol It's only 12.99 but on principles, I think they should have done things differently!

I find walking into a shop with the offending item is usually the best policy. It's easy to quote T&C's to a stranger on the internet, see this thread:D, but when dealing with a real person and being polite the issue is usually resolved easily.

Del2005 wrote: »
    I find walking into a shop with the offending item is usually the best policy. It's easy to quote T&C's to a stranger on the internet, see this thread:D, but when dealing with a real person and being polite the issue is usually resolved easily.

Don't cha think that was my first port of call? :-P I was told no! Twice! Three times including the email!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Is there another Lidl branch convenient to you? You could try your luck there.

• Advertisement

Is there another Lidl branch convenient to you? You could try your luck there.

Yes I think I very well might do that, thanks P :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭rochestown

if its of any help to the OP you can PM me and i will give you a scan of my receipt for the shoe rack that i bought from Lidl?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@rochestown Please, let's try to stick to proper advice. It's a bit grey ethically.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭rochestown

dudara wrote: »
    @rochestown Please, let's try to stick to proper advice. It's a bit grey ethically.

dudara

Fair enough but i also think it is very ethically grey the way Lidl is treating the OP - it is clearly a Lidl item and and can easily be tracked back to within 60 days of purchase as it is a special one off item...

Ill be quite though... :o

Am going to try a different Lidl over the next few days whenever I get a chance. I have had no reply from Lidl HQ since I quoted the National Consumer Agency, though I did get a reply from the NCA. Will keep ye posted. All I want is a bloody shoe rack :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Whatever about the legal fine print but I don't think its morally outlandish to have a proof of purchase policy and then insist on it. Reasons for it are obvious enough. Of course replacing the faulty item isn't either. My point is is that it hardly justifies drastic action as recommended by some.

Lidl replied. There's nothing they can/will do. I'm just going to use the wonky shoe rack. Can't face defeat again in the shop.

Advertisement