Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to repay my loan while abroad?

Options
  • 26-08-2013 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi,

I am leaving Ireland to work abroad soon. I have a loan out at the minute and I make repayments each week through a standing order. This will continue when I go abroad but there will be some weeks when I want to pay off more. Obviously I won't be able to do this by calling into my branch, so is there a way I can manage my loan online - viewing the balance and make larger repayments?

Similarly, is there a way I can manage my credit card online? Again, I would be looking to make repayments online and view the balance.

I have banking365 but I'm not sure if the above can be done through that?

Thanks in advance,

Tommy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi rockyVII.

Thanks for getting in touch.

As a registered user of Banking365, it is possible to view and make payments to both your loan and credit card account online.

To have these accounts registered for balance and transaction viewing, please contact Banking365 on 0818 365 365 / 003531 4044000 and a representative will be happy to add them to your online profile for you. Alternatively you may send this request through the Online Service Desk when you are logged on to 365Online.

Once your loan account has been added, you will then be able to transfer funds to it using the Own Account Transfer option.

If you wish to transfer funds to the credit card account online, you will need to register it as a Bill on the Manage Payees screen. Please ensure to add your 16 digit credit card number in the Bill reference field. Once you have successfully entered the details, an activation code will issue to you. When received and activated, you will then have the facility to make payments to the credit card online.

Hope this helps. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Best of luck with your new job.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 39 rockyVII

That's brilliant advice, thanks Laura. I'll try that tomorrow.

Advertisement