Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KLM airlines and delta? same flight?

Options
  • 26-08-2013 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

i want to book a flight to the USA and the flight is offered by both KLM airlines and delta, same times and everything. from what i can see KLM are selling tickets for the delta flight at a slightly lower price...is there any bad points about buying the tickets from KLM or is it just like buying them from delta?Sorry if this sounds silly never booked a trip like this myself :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Both are part of the SkyTeam Alliance (with Air France, Korean and others). What you are describing is code sharing and is perfectly common. Prices differences can arise for all sorts of reasons. If you are sensitive to inflight conditions, check which is the operating airline - theirs is the plane you'll be flying on.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭dani049

thanks for the reply :) so if I book with KLM will i have the same luggage allowance as a delta customer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

Its a wierd arrangement.

When I used to fly Amsterdam to Portland Oregon I booked through KLM. The flight was then discribed as a KLM flight operated by Northwest Airlines on a Delta plane. You used to get the KLM longhaul standards of baggage allowence and free drink all through the flight that you wouldn't on a regular Delta or Northwest flight. Sadly those standards have slipped in recent years and the price isn't as competitive any more so I go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

dani049 wrote: »
    thanks for the reply :) so if I book with KLM will i have the same luggage allowance as a delta customer?

Not necessarily; with some alliances/codesares, the baggage entitlements may vary (BA/Qantas on Australian routes were an obvious example of this). If you're checkig prices online, you should be able to view the baggage allowances prior to purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

seanmacc wrote: »
    Its a wierd arrangement.

When I used to fly Amsterdam to Portland Oregon I booked through KLM. The flight was then discribed as a KLM flight operated by Northwest Airlines on a Delta plane. You used to get the KLM longhaul standards of baggage allowence and free drink all through the flight that you wouldn't on a regular Delta or Northwest flight. Sadly those standards have slipped in recent years and the price isn't as competitive any more so I go elsewhere.

Do you mind me asking who you book through now?

It's just that my boyfriend lives in Oregon and the most recent flight I booked to Portland was with KLM via Amsterdam and it was the best price I could find. Would obviously be interested in a cheaper alternative!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

Novella wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking who you book through now?

It's just that my boyfriend lives in Oregon and the most recent flight I booked to Portland was with KLM via Amsterdam and it was the best price I could find. Would obviously be interested in a cheaper alternative!

We go with the cheapest. KLM via Amsterdam used to be. This year we got a very good deal with united (booked in January for travel in late June) worked out at 539euro each. We got a good deal for Christmas with AerLingus we booked a few days ago for about the same. Try every website. We found that the best prices don't always show up on Skyscanner and sometimes a 2 or 3 stopper can save you a fair few quid

Advertisement