Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI android app wants phone contact access why?

Options
  • 26-08-2013 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭

The latest android app wants access to all contacts stored on my phone in its latest update under new permissions.

That's outrageous,and I have not accepted it.

What is the possible purpose of that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

I'm guessing its for the pay by mobile feature. Nothing too outrageous at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    I'm guessing its for the pay by mobile feature. Nothing too outrageous at all.

I know but,how do I know what access I am giving the app and why can I not update without allowing that access.
    I have no interest in pay by mobile.

A far handier addition would be the ability to top up your phone.
    Oh and a windows phone version of the app.

Will the app stop working if I don't update it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi all.

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

A number of enhancements have been added to the App in response to customer feedback.

As Vuzuggu correctly mentioned above, the app requests access to the contacts on your mobile to facilitate the Pay to Mobile service and are not used or accessed for any other purpose.
    If the terms and conditions are not accepted, it is not possible to use the app.

There are currently no immediate plans to launch a dedicated windows app.
    We appreciate all feedback and have passed it on to our Mobile Banking Team.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.
    Laura

Advertisement