Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plc Question

• 26-08-2013 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi

I failed math in my leaving cert so i couldnt get any offers from colleges although i got the points that i needed
    But
    Im applying for a plc course in marketing
    Hopefully to get in to sligo

I was wondering if i pass my plc course and get the points for my course

Will the college accept me even though i failed math in my LC but got the points i needed through my plc course?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Hi

I failed math in my leaving cert so i couldnt get any offers from colleges although i got the points that i needed
    But
    Im applying for a plc course in marketing
    Hopefully to get in to sligo

I was wondering if i pass my plc course and get the points for my course

Will the college accept me even though i failed math in my LC but got the points i needed through my plc course?

If you do a maths module as part of the plc course and pass it (it is normally 60% project/assignments, 40% exam) then the college (Sligo IT) will accept that as part of your fetac results and in place of LC maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 masterwayne

If you do a maths module as part of the plc course and pass it (it is normally 60% project/assignments, 40% exam) then the college (Sligo IT) will accept that as part of your fetac results and in place of LC maths.

So ok im doing a plc course in marketing are u saying i should take up a math module too? Or will that be part of the course that im doing?

So ok im doing a plc course in marketing are u saying i should take up a math module too? Or will that be part of the course that im doing?

you'd have to ask in the college where you are doing the plc and ask if a maths module is part of the course

you'd have to ask in the college where you are doing the plc and ask if a maths module is part of the course

Say if its not what happens then?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Then you need to find another PLC course that fulfills the requirements of the course you want in Sligo.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    Then you need to find another PLC course that fulfills the requirements of the course you want in Sligo.

this is from sligo it.

The same general entry requirements apply to FETAC students as Leaving Cert students. That means you must get sufficient points and meet the Mathematics requirements of the course you are interested in. Please note that for FETAC applicants, the Mathematics requirement can be met by obtaining a pass in the FETAC level 5 or 6 Maths module or by getting a B2 or higher in Foundation Maths. For Engineering courses, please check with the Admissions Office for any special requirements

these are the modules taught:

i dont see math anywhere though?

Typical Modules

• Web Authoring
    • Marketing Practice
    • Business Administration Skills
    • Behavioural Studies
    • Statistics
    • Public Relations
    • Work Experience
    • Communications
    • Desktop Publishing
    • Word Processing
    • Event Production
    • Advertising
    • Digital Marketing

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What is the code of the FETAC course you are considering?

these are the modules taught:

i dont see math anywhere though?

Typical Modules

• Web Authoring
    • Marketing Practice
    • Business Administration Skills
    • Behavioural Studies
    • Statistics
    • Public Relations
    • Work Experience
    • Communications
    • Desktop Publishing
    • Word Processing
    • Event Production
    • Advertising
    • Digital Marketing

Well that's fairly clear. There is no maths module listed there. You'll have to ask if they provide one as the Sligo it requirements are fairly clear

Advertisement