Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running shoes

• 26-08-2013 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

I cant seem to find a pair of shoes that suit me. I bought my third pair of stabilities within a month on Friday. After wearing them around the house for a while my feet started hurting a bit and were even going a bit numb while sitting down for a while. I've never had stability shoes before and I'm starting to think that I need to stick with neutrals even if I am over pronating a bit.
    I've now tried the GT2000s, brooks adrenaline and the latest is the Mizuno wave inspire. A lovely pair of shoes but not right for me it seems. The guys at Amphibian King were I got them were great (they really know their stuff) and I know they'll help me get the right pair eventually, but its frustrating because I need a new pair quick!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

barrymac20 wrote: »
    I cant seem to find a pair of shoes that suit me. I bought my third pair of stabilities within a month on Friday. After wearing them around the house for a while my feet started hurting a bit and were even going a bit numb while sitting down for a while. I've never had stability shoes before and I'm starting to think that I need to stick with neutrals even if I am over pronating a bit.
    I've now tried the GT2000s, brooks adrenaline and the latest is the Mizuno wave inspire. A lovely pair of shoes but not right for me it seems. The guys at Amphibian King were I got them were great (they really know their stuff) and I know they'll help me get the right pair eventually, but its frustrating because I need a new pair quick!

I know this sounds like a stupid question, but if your feet are hurting and going numb when you're not running, could you be tying the laces too tight? I learned the hard way that you can really hurt your feet that way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

After wearing them around the house for a while my feet started hurting a bit and were even going a bit numb while sitting down for a while.
    HelenAnne wrote: »
    I know this sounds like a stupid question, but if your feet are hurting and going numb when you're not running, could you be tying the laces too tight? I learned the hard way that you can really hurt your feet that way!

First thought is exactly like HelenAnne. If your feet are numb when walking or sitting, the lacing is definitely too tight. I think there was a thread recently with some lacing advice from BeepBeep too.
    The guys at Amphibian King were I got them were great (they really know their stuff) and I know they'll help me get the right pair eventually, but its frustrating because I need a new pair quick!

I'll pass this onto the guys & its always worth a phonecall to the shop just to go over the problem you're having.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭barrymac20

First thought is exactly like HelenAnne. If your feet are numb when walking or sitting, the lacing is definitely too tight. I think there was a thread recently with some lacing advice from BeepBeep too.

I'll pass this onto the guys & its always worth a phonecall to the shop just to go over the problem you're having.

No need, I've already been in touch to discuss. Calling back in when i get the chance. I guess i was on here to see if anyone else has suffered similar problems. I might try looser laces later and see how i fair out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Here are a couple of lacing options. I've used the Lydiard method with some success.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 pico84

I over pronate myself so where an orthotic with cushioned Nike Vomeros. Obviously the orthotics are an expensive initial outlay but will last for around 10 years once you're foot doesn't change too much and you can wear any shoe you like realistically

• Advertisement
Advertisement