Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get kids bike fixed?

Options
  • 26-08-2013 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭

Got a bike 2 years ago, seemed a bit big for my girl, fine height now.

It hasn't been used in a year and brakes look a bit rusty / flat tyre. I know nothing about bikes (never had one myself) so I assume its a good idea to get it serviced if she wants to use it now?

Do you do this?

Halfords do a service for 70€ which seems a bit pricy to me?

Where can you recommend? I'm in Dublin 15 area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

A can of WD-40, a puncture repair kit, some chain grease, 30-60 mins of work and it should be good to go.

There are video's on Youtube showing how to repair the puncture...it's very easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

There's a bike shop in Blanchardstown village I think... CycleZone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Change the tyre yourself - it is easy. AS for the brakes go to a proper bike shop and get them checked. I wouldn't let Halford's even check my air pressure. Stagg Cycles in Lucan is excellent. Or just find a local bike shop near where you live. A service shouldn't cost more than 20-30 for a kid's bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lemo

I've had mixed experiences with Halfords and repairs. One time they did a quick repair for free (it took about 5-10 minutes but needed use of some equipment - I would have been happy to pay) but the last time I went they quoted me €80 for a repair and were definitely pushing me down the "just buy a new one" path. The bike needed the front wheel replaced and the brakes repaired. I took the bike to the old bike shop in Swords village (more or less opposite the Carnegie hotel) and the guy there fixed it for €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Rothar is the best!!! They fix bikes (all types; adult and kid bikes) very cheap! Depends what is wrong, they often replace some parts if needs to be :) Kids bike for 10-15 euro and adult bikes 20-25 euro. Lovely guys as well, very friendly and helpful :) I absolutely recommend them!

• Advertisement
Advertisement