Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tasting e liquids

Options
  • 26-08-2013 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi guys, fairly new to vaping and still trying to learn alot! Even though I know this question has probably been posted alot already can anyone please recommend the best way to taste eliquids without actually filling a clearo or tank etc and then having to clean it all out again before trying the next flavour? I really want to try a lot of samples to find a few eliquids that I could stock up on! I did purchase a dripping atomizer from an asian online company but it seems that I am missing something when it comes to changing to a different flavour in that the other flavour seems to be remaining!! I use kanger t3s clearo's and find them to be excellent! Any help would be greatly appreciated, feeling very good so far since ive been off the analogs for approx 2months!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

The best way is to use a dripper.You can get cheap ones for around 10 in most of the online shops.Just drip a bit of juice on to the coil and thats it.

After a while you'll be almost able to tell the flavours just by smelling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

The best way is to use a dripper.You can get cheap ones for around 10 in most of the online shops.Just drip a bit of juice on to the coil and thats it.

After a while you'll be almost able to tell the flavours just by smelling them.

Hi Celly! :) Would this be a good dripper?

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/era.htm

I'm in the same boat as ParaHappyman, I'm looking for some way of testing/tasting different e-liquids. I'm looking for something as cheap as possible. I just wanna test the e-liquid and if I like it I'll vape it in a clearomizer.

Also are all drippers rebuildable? Or is there one that you don't have to eh, "build?"

(Is "building" wrapping the coil around the wick? The terminology makes it sound way overcomplicated! I'm sure rebuilding takes a bit of getting use to, it sounds a bit fiddly, but why do companies give e-cig related products such over the top names? It puts customers off. I guess if I have to figure out rebuilding I will, but I'd love something handy! :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Gillian72 wrote: »
    Hi Celly! :) Would this be a good dripper?

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/era.htm

I'm in the same boat as ParaHappyman, I'm looking for some way of testing/tasting different e-liquids. I'm looking for something as cheap as possible. I just wanna test the e-liquid and if I like it I'll vape it in a clearomizer.

Also are all drippers rebuildable? Or is there one that you don't have to eh, "build?"

(Is "building" wrapping the coil around the wick? The terminology makes it sound way overcomplicated! I'm sure rebuilding takes a bit of getting use to, it sounds a bit fiddly, but why do companies give e-cig related products such over the top names? It puts customers off. I guess if I have to figure out rebuilding I will, but I'd love something handy! :) )

Here's the only dripper I could manage to build decent coils on Gillian. I'm literally only after building one now to try out Wham bar Vape and Vamp Vape.

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/igo.htm

If you search for 'Pbrussardo IGO-L' on youtube, you'll find a long review, with a bit at the end on how to make the coils. I made it on my first try with it.

I had tried something similar to what you linked above, but there really isn't enough space on those smaller drippers for us newcomers.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Thanks Jamie! :) is there a dripper called a 510? And one called a 306 or something like that? I remember someone mentioned these dippers don't need to be rebuilt, is that right?

I'd have to learn about omhs etc. to rebuild, it sounds like braindamage!

What is the Wham e-liquid like? Is it nice? It sounds really yummy! I got a Candy Cane e-liquid today. It was ok, but not what I expected. I thought it would taste like a stick of rock, but instead it was just mint flavour. :( I got Frankenvape too and that is gorgeous! :)

Next I wanna try Iron Brew, Wham and Refreshers! That is why I want a dripper, it would be handy for testing new flavours! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

For tasting test a regular 510 atomizer, no coil rebuilding and no wick which means a very quick rinse under the tap and flicking out the water will pretty much remove all the old taste.

The ERA is a great lil dripper and I use one as my main device, but pain in the ass for taste testing as you'll get a weird mix of flavors for a while afterwards if you aren't replacing the wick and rebuilding constantly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement