Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

need advice on laptop

• 26-08-2013 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Need some help guys

Getting a new laptop and am totally undecided between a mac and windows machine. My usage would be simply enough, I use ITunes, browse the net, watch YouTube and sometime download a movie or two. That’s about it

I have an Android tablet but I prefer using a keypad and mouse and don’t bother with the tablet mostly.

A lot of people are telling me MacBook , especially that it holds its value over time, is very reliable and their customer service is very good. So I was thinking the MacBook air.

Its drawback for me are

Only 128 SSD drive (I would have to buy external storage)
    No HDMI port
    OS X does not run flash very well and I am used to windows
    4g RAM

I saw a Samsung series 5 and it looks good at 400 euros less

However the build quality is not as good as the mac, Samsung customer service is poor by all accounts and its little resale value after a few years

Really don’t know what to buy, really appreciate any advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

You can configure the 11" MBA with a 512 GB SSD, no problem except maybe for the price tag... €1,550. ;)

Advertisement