Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lots of romaian gypsies begging in town lately

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

So everybody who is genuinely worried ring up your local counselor and tell him of your concern about the rise in population of roma and how it turns you off shopping in the city, another nail in cities trades coffin.

Ring them and keep ringing them.

Maybe we should tell the local travellers that they said they are the real travellers and the irish ones arent, that might sort it, :-)

So I just rang the guards to ask them were they aware of the rise in numbers they said yes, well I firstly said that I was being harassed by them the other day while with my kids, he asked me did I ring the guards and I said no because I scurried off with my kids as I was going anyway, but he said they are aware of a rise in numbers but that they have rights now in ireland an civil rights and that they are here to stay, he agreed with me when I suggezted that my next call should be to our local counselors so get ringing people. They are here to stay and there numbers will only increase now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Good point, That I never considered if I'm honest .But wouldn't the majority of these new Irish be 13 years old or younger ,Yes I know we have had a massive influx of people into Ireland between 2000 and 2010 ,But wouldn't emigration since 09 go a hell of a long way to balance that ???

Workers out, Moochers in.

I wouldnt really call that a balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Media999 wrote: »
    Workers out, Moochers in.

I wouldnt really call that a balance.

not what was meant .. Was referring to the guards to public ratio..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

BadCharlie wrote: »
    1. You should be made do an english test. Without english how are your expected to work or mix with the locals.

Does this include the OP who cannot even spell Romanian in the thread title?
    "lots of romaian gypsies begging in town lately"

By the way, we speak Hiberno-English in Ireland, so where does that leave the rest of us?:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Thread locked, warnings issued. Some very disturbing and uncivil comments made in this thread

If you have an issue with begging or anything else which you believe to be illegal then report it to the Gardai and contact your local councilors, here is not the place for you to post such speculation.

This forum doesn't exist for unsubstantiated claims to be made towards roma gypsies the same as it doesn't exist to pass off such comments about the Irish traveler community.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement