Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am being moved from my Graduate Account after just over 1 year.

Options
  • 26-08-2013 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

I received a letter last Friday stating my account is being moved from a graduate account to a regular current account from the end of October this year. I have a letter from my university stating I was a full time student until August last year.

I contacted customer services by phone who attempted to imply I was no longer eligible for a graduate account as I had left college. However, despite quoting the graduate account brochure below, the representative was unable to provide any assistance whatsoever with my query other than to say contact my own branch. The phone number for my local branch put me through to him in the first place.

"With a graduate current account you will not be charged 
    for the following day to day banking transactions for two 
    years from the date you open your account"

Can someone please contact me to help me resolve this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi ned14,

Thanks for posting.

The Graduate Package is available if you have graduated from college within the last three years. Apologies if this was not advised to you when you called. 

To apply for the package, simply provide your branch with documentation from your college that shows you have graduated. This can be posted to your own branch or handed into your local branch. Once you apply the package is then available for two years.

Hope this help
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ned14

Hi Tara,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Coincidently, I got an unrelated call from my Branch this afternoon. They are looking into the issue for me. 

Advertisement