If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundbar vs traditional 5.1

Options
  • 26-08-2013 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I currently have a 5.1 speaker set up at home, but due to a few recent renovations, the layout of the room doesn't lend itself to the positioning of the rear speakers. I'm thinking about a decent soundbar but I don't know much about them. Would appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

teedeepee wrote: »
    Hi, I currently have a 5.1 speaker set up at home, but due to a few recent renovations, the layout of the room doesn't lend itself to the positioning of the rear speakers. I'm thinking about a decent soundbar but I don't know much about them. Would appreciate any advice.
    Hi Teedeepee,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Would always prefer a 5.1 system over a soundbar any day.  Saying that the new Yamaha soundbars are very good!  They have multiple speakers built in pointing at different directions.  The higher end ones also come with a wireless subwoofer which helps a lot.

Check out the Yamaha YSP3300 currently sitting at £999.00.  We have one of these running in the demo room and it sounds fantastic!!

Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/yamaha/ysp3300/yama-ysp3300

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.