Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I used my mastercard to pay a holding deposit on a car pending an inspection by an AA

Options
  • 26-08-2013 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

On receiving the report from the mechanic which indicated that the level of faults with the vehicle would deem it uneconomical to proceed with the purchase. On contacting the retailer to inform him of my decision not to proceed with the sale and to request the return of my deposit. he informed me that he would not accept the mechanics report and refused to return my deposit to me.

what are my options to get my deposit back from the vendor.

Regards

T@eircom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi teosulli.

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are sorry to hear of the recent issues you encountered while trying to purchase a car.

Please contact Credit Card Services on 0818 251 251 and a representative will be happy to check if it may be possible to dispute the transaction for you.

Hope this helps. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.
    Laura

Advertisement