Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hose & Gun

• 26-08-2013 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,040 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in the market for a new hose and gun. I'm sick of my cheap hose getting twisted etc, so want to get a decent one without breaking the bank.

Are Hozelock the best?

Over the years I have upgraded all the attachments to Hozelock and the difference between them and the cheap ones is unreal. They actually work and don't keep clicking off...

I have a Hozelock gun something like this but the twisty nozel is busted (probably from dropping it on the ground, it being plastic) so am looking to get a spare part if anyone knows where?

alternatively, I'm open to any other recomendations, mayube something metal that wont break if it gets dropped....kids don't listen!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

I doubt if you can get spare parts for a hose gun. Those things are throw-away

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

stevieob wrote: »
    I'm in the market for a new hose and gun. I'm sick of my cheap hose getting twisted etc, so want to get a decent one without breaking the bank.

Are Hozelock the best?

Over the years I have upgraded all the attachments to Hozelock and the difference between them and the cheap ones is unreal. They actually work and don't keep clicking off...

I have a Hozelock gun something like this but the twisty nozel is busted (probably from dropping it on the ground, it being plastic) so am looking to get a spare part if anyone knows where?

alternatively, I'm open to any other recomendations, mayube something metal that wont break if it gets dropped....kids don't listen!!

Tesco were selling off Hozelock garden hose accessories and watering guns last week....most of them were 50-60% off RRP.

Aldi and Lidl both sell stainless steel garden hoze guns for 5 euro....these are actually good quality and can take a fair bit of abuse too....like leaving it out on the driveway and driving over it when you aint watching out..:pac:

If you want el-cheapo plastic hoze guns for the kids to mess around with.....then pop into any Dealz shop and grab them for 1 euro 49 cents.

B&Q are selling Hozelock 25 meter garden hoze kits at the moment for 25 euro.Also some Hozelock watering guns reduced from 20 euro down to a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Gautama

I used to think that Hozelock were great but they don't last and leak over time. However, their metal fittings are pretty good.
    I had a hozegun similar to that. It used to malfunctioned (ie didn't spray as it was meant to) after it's first winter. In the spring I took it back to Homebase and got a replacement. Again, the following winter the same thing... and also got it replaced free of charge. My current one is now giving problems.
    I've since bought a cheapo from Lidl, it's fine and a fraction of the price.

Note, neither of the winters I referred to above where the two cold winters a few years back. Both were the usual mild Irish winter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Advertisement