Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabbit food in Cork area

• 26-08-2013 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a wholesaler or co-op or somewhere that sells large quantites of rabbit food at a reasonable price.
    At the moment I feed my rabbits Burgess Adult Food (ordered online) and spend 120e a month feeding them.
    If anyone knows of an alternative rabbit food or somewhere who sells it I would be grateful. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Wow you must have a lot of bunnies! Have you looked on Amazon, they sell 10+15KG bags for very reasonable prices.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=rabbit+food

Also are you supplementing their diet with veggies? I got friendly with a local green grocer and used to get loads of free carrots, broccoli, celery, they loved it and it kept the price of the dry food down. Oh and get a bale of hay from a local farmer and supplement their diet with that as well, they love a bit of roughage and it's good for their teeth as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭yellowcrayon

Thank you :)

I have quite a few bunnies as I breed on a very small scale; but the majority of them are actually just my pets.

I feed them the pellets, veggies and meadow hay every day. I didnt think about buying a bale of hay. Thank you for that tip. I pay 7e for a 5kg bag of hay so that would be a big saving.

I would order online but its usually the delivery charge that kills me.

Thanks for your help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Thank you :)

I have quite a few bunnies as I breed on a very small scale; but the majority of them are actually just my pets.

I feed them the pellets, veggies and meadow hay every day. I didnt think about buying a bale of hay. Thank you for that tip. I pay 7e for a 5kg bag of hay so that would be a big saving.

I would order online but its usually the delivery charge that kills me.

Thanks for your help :)

If you sign up for subscribe and save with whatever rabbit food you want to get on amazon you will get 10% off and free delivery. Just thought I would let you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

If you order over a certain amount from medicanimal.com then delivery here is free. Prices are fairly reasonable too. Thats where I get my Supreme Science from.

Advertisement