Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Banking App. update.

Options
  • 26-08-2013 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

We have made some enhancements to our Mobile Banking App. Some of the changes include:

• Changes to the Home Page
    • Second Customer Login
    • View a wider range of accounts
    • Removal of Date Scroll for iPhone users

Please keep an eye on your updates to ensure you are working off the newest version (1.3)

We will continue to post updates here as future enhancements are made available. As always, we would appreciate any feedback you may have.

Thanks
    Tara

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭ismamai

Hi All,

We have made some enhancements to our Mobile Banking App. Some of the changes include:

• Second Customer Login

[*]

Please keep an eye on your updates to ensure you are working off the newest version (1.3)

We will continue to post updates here as future enhancements are made available. As always, we would appreciate any feedback you may have.

Thanks
    Tara
    [*]
    Why the transfer options have changed on this update ? Before I could do international transfers, now I cannot. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

ismamai wrote: »
    Hi All,

• Second Customer Login

[*]

Thanks
    Tara

[*]
    Why the transfer options have changed on this update ? Before I could do international transfers, now I cannot. 
    [*]
    Hi ismamai,

Paula has answered you on the following thread.

Just to clarify, the option to make payments to International payees was never available on the App.

Thanks

Seán

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

When will the app work with ios 7?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi pwurple,

The Mobile App does work with iOS7. We have run tests and found no known bugs or issues. Any differences we have noted to date are purely cosmetic.  There is a slight difference with the appearance of icons, logos and fonts. 

Have you experienced any particular issues with the App since upgrading to iOS7?

Thanks
    Tara 

Hi pwurple,

The Mobile App does work with iOS7. We have run tests and found no known bugs or issues. Any differences we have noted to date are purely cosmetic.  There is a slight difference with the appearance of icons, logos and fonts. 

Have you experienced any particular issues with the App since upgrading to iOS7?

Thanks
    Tara 
    I have noticed the scrolling issues on the home screen where you view your account balances. That doesn't matter. My main issue is that I can't complete transfers from the app any more. The dropdown to select the recipient is off the screen, and you can't scroll on that transfer screen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi pwurple, 

Can I ask if you're using an iPhone or an iPad?

Thanks

Billy

Hi pwurple, 

Can I ask if you're using an iPhone or an iPad?

Thanks

Billy
    Ipad

Hi pwurple,

Thank you for the additional information. The Mobile Banking App is built for use on a mobile phone. Although it can be downloaded on iPad's and Android tablets, it is not optimised for this use. The full version of our website can be accessed using the safari or alternative browser on your iPad.

Thanks
    Tara

"Optimised" is a stretch considering the scrolling issues with the app on the phones. It looks a mess guys. 

I'll go ahead and uninstall it seeing as it is now rendered completely functionless. 

Hi pwurple,

As mentioned on our original post, on this thread, the date scroll issue was resolved with our last update to the app. The app will not look the same when using it on a tablet or iPad as it does when using it on a mobile phone. 

We have plans in place for a dedicated tablet app however, it will be 2014 before we have any update on this.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭husky7

Anything in the pipeline for a windows phone app ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi husky7,

We do not have any update on this at the moment. We will announce through our social media channels when a Windows app is due to launch. 
    We absolutely take requests and feedback from our users very seriously and that we are considering Windows phones as part of our mobile strategy. 
    However,unfortunately we are unable to provide a definitive date for any potential app release at the moment but we will continue to keep you up to date on any progress in this area

I have forwarded on your feedback to our Mobile Banking Team.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 1 joj006

Hi, when I did the latest update of the iPad app, inside an account, the statement item on the left and the item value on the right are not visible together but I have to scroll right across every single time to view each item and this is a real nuisance - how can I revert back to the previous version of this app which was much more user friendly for viewing account statements. In this update, it seems you have removed one not so bad login feature and in doing so, introduced an unacceptable change to the ability to view at once the complete statement line as in the previous App version.
    ....John

Hi joj006,

Thanks for your post and welcome to Boards.

We have not launched an iPad App. This is something we do have plans for but don't have any specific launch dates as yet. Please see my previous post regarding using the App on an iPad.
    Hi pwurple,

Thank you for the additional information. The Mobile Banking App is built for use on a mobile phone. Although it can be downloaded on iPad's and Android tablets, it is not optimised for this use. The full version of our website can be accessed using the safari or alternative browser on your iPad.

Thanks
    Tara
    We are not aware of any way to remove an update and revert to a previous version. For security reasons this is not something we would recommend.

Thanks
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi,

We will be holding a Mobile App Q & A on Boards tomorrow, please see the below link for details.

If you have any questions regarding the mobile app, please feel free to post them on the sticky here

Thanks

Nicola

Advertisement