Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a second 3 Phone to avail of Free calls?

Options
  • 26-08-2013 4:22pm

Hey all,

Just have a quick question; as far as I know, 3 allow 180 days between top ups before they will shut off your phone for being inactive?

Would this mean that if I have a pre-pay offer that includes free 3-to-3 calls (which i do, if i top up by €20 per month), I can buy a second cheapo phone, top it up by €10, and get 180 days of free calls (so long as it's always the primary phone on the offer that is making the calls). So essentially I would have free 3-to-3 calls for a year for ~€30 top up on the secondary/receiver phone?

Or have three got a way of avoiding people doing this?

I know there is a 'talk to' forum for 3, but I'd rather ask here as I imagine ye guys will be more clued in and 3 probably wouldn't encourage this activity and tell me no, even if it were possible?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

That's pretty much the way it works once you dont exceed 3,000 mins per month.

Well that shouldn't be an issue, so that's great stuff then. I'll pop over to my nearest 3 store and pick up their cheapest phone. Will see if I can top up by only €5 too, while I am at it. Mwahahaha! Take that, 3! ( :pac: ).

Cheers GarIT.

Advertisement