Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sennhesier HD205 Headphones €25 Delivered @ HarveyNorman

Options
  • 26-08-2013 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭

Online only, but free delivery as part of their weekly offers:
    https://www.harveynorman.ie/promo/hot-deals

44125_SENNHD205.jpg
    Product Features
    • Medium-sized dynamic, supraaural headphones
    • For compact systems or mobile players (32ohm)
    • Powerful stereo sound
    • Outstanding passive attenuation of ambient noise
    • Rotatable ear cup for one-ear listening
    • Highest wearing comfort for long music sessions
    • Comfortable head- and ear pads
    • Convenient protective pouch included
    • 3.5 mm jack plug and 1/4" (6.3 mm) screw-on jack adaptor, gold-plated
    • Single-sided cable
    • 2-year warranty

Currently £35 on amazon
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

how decent are these and is there anything better at this price. Looking to replace a couple of set of these

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Have a pair myself for office, very comfortable and the sound is great. The also seem to have noise cancelling qualities as they feel better at this than my HKs that i have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

nice find... 3m cable is a serious plus!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bikerboy_ie

Was going to buy these a few months ago in HN. Were selling for €50 at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Anyone receive a call from an Irish based insurance research company soon after ordering? Probably just a coincidence, but I have not got a call from a research/telemarketing company in years. Thought they might have passed my number along to them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

I have these headphones for a year now. Great sound quality but they are really, really tight. I also wear glasses so that amplifies the problem. Can't really wear them for over an hour without having to take them off. Still great for that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

clonadlad wrote: »
    I have these headphones for a year now. Great sound quality but they are really, really tight. I also wear glasses so that amplifies the problem. Can't really wear them for over an hour without having to take them off. Still great for that price.

big head :p

My dad has the same problem, his solution is get the headband nice and hot with a hairdryer and *gently* reshape, works great with most plastics.

Dow do you find the earpads is the vinyl holding up on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

Do they fit over your ears ? like cup over them...I love a pair like my parents had in the 80s....but they are hard to come by

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Thanks OP (Kinda). Gonna pick up a pair even though I don't need them. :D

Can't miss a bargain like this though. Most places offer these between €50 - €70. Haven't seen these priced this low. They've gotten really good reviews while priced at €50 and above so definitely worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭coroner29

Do they fit over your ears ? like cup over them...I love a pair like my parents had in the 80s....but they are hard to come by

harveynorman.ie:
    The elegant HD 205 are medium sized, supraaural headphones that provide excellent sound quality and brilliant shielding of ambient noise.

wiki:
    Supra-aural headphones have pads that press against the ears, rather than around them. This type of headphone generally tends to be smaller and lighter than circumaural headphones, resulting in less attenuation of outside noise. Supra-aural headphones can also lead to discomfort due to the pressure on the ear as compared to circumaural headphones that sit around the ear. Comfort may vary due to the earcup material.

Hope that answers your question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

How do they compare with the Philips SHL3000/00 | Philips DJ Headband Headphones, €2 extra on the same page? Any audiophiles care to weigh in?

Have a pair of Sennheiser 201's in work and they are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

These open or closed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭peace2804

Apparently a lot of people complained about the fact that they are very tight.......great bargain as I am considering buying a good quality headphones but I won't get these :(.

Edit: A quick search on internet and I found a Sony MDRZX300 for more or less the same price:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/GENUINE-SONY-MDR-ZX300-HEADPHONE-BLACK-EARPHONE-FOR-IPOD-IPHONE-IPAD-MP3-NEW-UK-/180797273353?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item2a185b7509

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDRZX300R-Fashionable-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B004MMG380/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

any thoughts about them?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Trancechick

They are no longer available on that page :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

My brother has them, and really likes them. I would buy from Amazon though... I am leery of eBay sellers that plaster their listing with 'guaranteed genuine'.
    peace2804 wrote: »
    Apparently a lot of people complained about the fact that they are very tight.......great bargain as I am considering buying a good quality headphones but I won't get these :(.

Edit: A quick search on internet and I found a Sony MDRZX300 for more or less the same price:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/GENUINE-SONY-MDR-ZX300-HEADPHONE-BLACK-EARPHONE-FOR-IPOD-IPHONE-IPAD-MP3-NEW-UK-/180797273353?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item2a185b7509

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDRZX300R-Fashionable-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B004MMG380/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

any thoughts about them?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Anyone get theirs delivered yet?

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Anyone get theirs delivered yet?

Got two emails about a delay and then a further delay. Thinking of just cancelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

One Direction Headphones now available for €17.99

Can't be worse than Dre Beats.

https://www.harveynorman.ie/one-direction-headphones-black-hniedeals.html
    One Direction signature series headphones. These headphones are interchangeable 1D snap caps including individual images of each of the band members, Harry, Niall, Liam, Louis & Zayn plus a group shot and the unmistakable 1D logo.
    What’s great about these headphones is not only do they sound great, but you can change-up how they look, with the ‘Snap-Caps’ on the sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

DubDJ wrote: »
    Got two emails about a delay and then a further delay. Thinking of just cancelling.

Delivered to Dublin yesterday, great earphones at a great price.

Thanks OP!!

Ordered mine on the 26th, Only got a one email confirming purchase.

Only ordered as a guest so no option to track order, I'll give them a ring if I don't hear anything by Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The email I got on Friday said they expect to get more stock in by Monday. Mine were delivered yesterday by An Post express. They are a little tight as someone mentioned earlier in the thread, but overall a good purchase at €25.

Just got mine today. Weren't packaged as well as I would of liked but it's fine anyway. Worth it for the price on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

A few days ago I was told there was a stock problem and it would be a few days more... they were then deliver that afternoon... not sure what happened... but they are fab for the price... much better than a similar priced sony set i got in argos last week.

deegs wrote: »
    A few days ago I was told there was a stock problem and it would be a few days more... they were then deliver that afternoon... not sure what happened... but they are fab for the price... much better than a similar priced sony set i got in argos last week.

I emailed HN yesterday as I hadn't received them and got a phone call today, informing me that I should have them by next Wednesday.

If the item had of been something I needed, I would of canceled the order and purchased in a shop. I should really stay away from BA and stop buying stuff, I might find a use for.

Mine are apparently delivered and signed for but certainly not at my house or by anyone living there what a farce, were other peoples addresses incomplete / incorrect?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cian_s_obrien

€25 well spent - good sound quality and a nice fit. Happy days! :cool:

DubDJ wrote: »
    Just got mine today. Weren't packaged as well as I would of liked but it's fine anyway. Worth it for the price on their own.

Did people get a bubble wrap envelope or a box, mine have gone missing have to do the rounds of the neighbours tomorrow looking for them.

paddyp wrote: »
    Did people get a bubble wrap envelope or a box, mine have gone missing have to do the rounds of the neighbours tomorrow looking for them.

Mine arrived in a box the size of a suitcase with yards and yards of scrunched up paper stuffed around to protect them. A waste of packaging in a way but they sure as hell weren't getting damaged!

Something along these lines :eek:

paddyp wrote: »

Yeah mine was just the headphones in their normal packaging. And that was wrapped up in padded wrapping, not bubble wrap. Not much protection from damage. Strange that the above poster got it shipped in a different way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Where is the best place to get these now. Need a new set for work and these looks pretty good. I found them for €42.5 on pixmania (http://www.pixmania.ie/dj-headphones/sennheiser-hd-205-ii/07728244-a.html#delivery_modes) with free delivery or €39.99 in DID with €5 delivery ( http://www.did.ie/sennheiser-dj-swivel-headphones-hd205-prd)

Any see them anywhere cheaper?

Advertisement