Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pointer Jumping?

Options
  • 26-08-2013 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Hi my Dell Latitude D531 seems to have a mind of its own, my problem is,now it's not all the time and it's not a 'very' regular thing,but it does happen from time to time, my pointer will just jump usually to the top of the page very sharply and sudden. What is going on? Thank You in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Is there any dirt around the corners of the touchpad? If there is using cotton buds gently remove it. If you have isopropyl alcohol you could also dip the buds in it and use it to clean the touchpad. Don't use water

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

yoyo wrote: »
    Is there any dirt around the corners of the touchpad? If there is using cotton buds gently remove it. If you have isopropyl alcohol you could also dip the buds in it and use it to clean the touchpad. Don't use water

Nick

I cant see any dirt,but I'll give it a go,
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

does it have a stick in the middle of the keys as you may be hitting off of it, you can disable it in mouse settings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

I had this problem with a laptop running Vista. Was told by an ex-PC World tech guy that it was common in Vista and to update the mousepad driver regularly. The cursor would also jump by itself to another line when I was typing a word doc. or email. Very annoying!

Skerries wrote: »
    does it have a stick in the middle of the keys as you may be hitting off of it, you can disable it in mouse settings
    No stick.
    red sean wrote: »
    I had this problem with a laptop running Vista. Was told by an ex-PC World tech guy that it was common in Vista and to update the mousepad driver regularly. The cursor would also jump by itself to another line when I was typing a word doc. or email. Very annoying!

How do I update mousepad driver?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

does the trackpad give you any sort of tingling sensation when you run your finger on it?

does the problem occur or persist if you disconnect from mains and switch to battery power?

red sean wrote: »
    Overheal wrote: »
    does the trackpad give you any sort of tingling sensation when you run your finger on it?

does the problem occur or persist if you disconnect from mains and switch to battery power?

I have exact symptoms as red seán above...

And no tingling, don't really know if it persists when I disconnect power source!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Advertisement