Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

K & N Air Filter

• 26-08-2013 5:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭

Was on the offical website for K&N looking to buy a filter for the sprint. I clicked on buy and got a list of places I can get them from in Ireland. Low and behold about 10 different "HALFORDS" popped up all over the country, aswell as a place in Enfield with a 2 day lead time.

Has anyone ever even seen a K&N product in Halfords?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

They'd probably have to order it.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

corkgsxr wrote: »
    They'd probably have to order it.

In my (admittedly limited) experience, this is indeed the case. I went into the Halfords in Limerick looking to get mine. They took my phone number, placed an order and rang me when it arrived in store. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Kev.OC wrote: »
    In my (admittedly limited) experience, this is indeed the case. I went into the Halfords in Limerick looking to get mine. They took my phone number, placed an order and rang me when it arrived in store. Hope that helps.

How long did it take...and Halfords being Halfords did they rape you on the price?

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    How long did it take...and Halfords being Halfords did they rape you on the price?

Honestly I can't remember. It was probably over a year and a half ago at this stage. I think the filter was somewhere around the €35 mark. And I was waiting a week or so maybe. Could be completely wrong about those figures though.

Kev.OC wrote: »
    Honestly I can't remember. It was probably over a year and a half ago at this stage. I think the filter was somewhere around the €35 mark. And I was waiting a week or so maybe. Could be completely wrong about those figures though.

€35 seems very cheap for a K&N filter. They are £45ish online so I am expecting to pay around the €50, but the lead time is only 2 days from that crowd in meath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chippy01

Don't forget to get the K&N service kit as well while you're at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Was on the offical website for K&N looking to buy a filter for the sprint. I clicked on buy and got a list of places I can get them from in Ireland. Low and behold about 10 different "HALFORDS" popped up all over the country, aswell as a place in Enfield with a 2 day lead time.

Has anyone ever even seen a K&N product in Halfords?

Is it the motor factors beside the apple green garage?

Well as I said, €35 is a number that just popped into my head. Maybe it was £35. I'm not 100% sure. Bike was only 250cc so didn't need the biggest filter anyway.

Is it the motor factors beside the apple green garage?

Dunno Joe, its Westward Precision Engineering in Enfield Ind. Estaste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

• Advertisement

MonstaMash wrote: »

Where do you source the DNA filter Monsta?

Where do you source the DNA filter Monsta?
    Always got mine on eBay Germany, buy Thursday/Friday delivered Monday/Tuesday, usually a lot cheaper than K&N & better quality IMHO ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

performance wise, pipercross, or bmc

but k&n are grand, and a good investment if you're keeping the bike a while (should/could save you money vs official ones over a few years)

MonstaMash wrote: »
    Always got mine on eBay Germany, buy Thursday/Friday delivered Monday/Tuesday, usually a lot cheaper than K&N & better quality IMHO ;)

Good to know...in the end I got the K&N this time as I need it for a service the weekend. Cost me €55 all in and have it Thurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭dwelby101

does the rain affect the performance of the bike when running K&N filters since theyre in the open and an air box is enclosed? cause i was thinking of getting some but im afraid they will require constant tuning of the carbs and they will be affected by the weather.

dwelby101 wrote: »
    does the rain affect the performance of the bike when running K&N filters since theyre in the open and an air box is enclosed? cause i was thinking of getting some but im afraid they will require constant tuning of the carbs and they will be affected by the weather.

I have no idea what this statement means....:confused:

The filter works in the exact same environment as a bog standard filter....just made to a higher spec with better components. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Last time I needed a filter I went K&N from ebay.

****ing 2 weeks to deliver from the UK. Spastics.

Arrived on a Tue and I was leaving the Thurs on a euro trip. Bike was still in pieces at that stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

The filter works in the exact same environment as a bog standard filter....just made to a higher spec with better components. ;)

I think he's referring to those open-air "cone" filters, as you often see on old Zeds, Ile Biler Gixxers and such. K&N do them as well.

Sorry maybe im missing something too I mean having your filters exposed like this CRD-Honda-CB750-Cafe-Racer-3.jpg

as apposed to an air box... hopefully that makes more sense now?

Sorry maybe im missing something too I mean having your filters exposed like this CRD-Honda-CB750-Cafe-Racer-3.jpg

as apposed to an air box... hopefully that makes more sense now?

Ahh get you....I was not having a pop just could not get my head round it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Ahh get you....I was not having a pop just could not get my head round it.

Ahh, must be great to be young enough not to have to have messed around with cones ;)

Oh the torture of trying to upjet to suit.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

I was not having a pop just could not get my head round it.

No worries, i was just curious and presumed that you were talking about the cone filters... Im guessing that since they're in the open and they get a more volatile air flow that they would affect the carb tuning. I wonder if rain causes problems too?

No worries, i was just curious and presumed that you were talking about the cone filters... Im guessing that since they're in the open and they get a more volatile air flow that they would affect the carb tuning. I wonder if rain causes problems too?

DryCharger® - K&N DryChargers are manufactured from a durable polyester material and are pre-treated with a proprietary hydrophobic process designed to prevent splashes of water or mud from saturating your K&N air filter.
    The DryCharger will also stop small dirt particles; yet add little restriction to the airflow of the filter.
    Please be aware the DryCharger is water repellent, not water proof.
    Depending on conditions and usage the water repellent treatment is good for 1 to 2 years.

Is there much hassle in tuning the carbs to suit the cones and to keep them tuned i wonder?

just curious to see what first-hand experience has to say...

Advertisement