Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sterling Bank Draft

Options
  • 26-08-2013 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

I have a Sterling Bank Draft. Can I lodge this to my BOI Account? If so how long will it take to clear and what charges will I incur?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi leinster93,

Thank you for your post.

It is possible to lodge a Sterling bank draft to your BOI account. However, please note this draft may need to be sent to the issuing bank for clearance which may take four weeks or more.

Your branch will be able to advise you of the time frame involved and what charges may be incurred when lodging the draft.

Please see here for our branch locator to assist you. 

Thanks,

Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭leinster93

Thank you for your reply Paula, 

What charge is there with BOI as I expect there is a commission charge for converting from sterling to Euros?

Regards,

L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi leinster93,

As mentioned above, your branch will be able to advise you on what charges are involved as this will depend on a number of factors such as the amount and the exchange rate on that day.

A representative at your local branch will be happy to assist you with this.

Thanks,

Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭leinster93

Ok, thank you for your help.

Regards,

L

Advertisement