Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Dundalk

• 26-08-2013 5:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭

Noticed an eFibre ad in meteor shop in Longwalk centre Dundalk. A while ago somewhere around forums someone said that cabinets will be active at the end of the August. Spoke to a meteor sales person and he confirmed that broadband will be available in September within a month (I'd guess around 20th September?). Also good news to Smart users - transfer will be free and should take approx 2 weeks. He also confirmed twice that you can transfer for free directly from Smart to eFibre without getting Eircom's standard broadband. But I'm still sceptical about this, need someone else to confirm.

They had some special application that could instantly tell what speeds your line is capable of by just telling address, that software also was showing detailed info about specific apartment, pretty neat, sadly can't use anything like that online (for example: my line can handle maximum of 15Mbps even if I am on 24Mbps package, but it will handle 70Mbps fibre no probs because of new cabinets).
    If any of you are particularly interested in details like these, you should drop by and ask that guy, they are also handling transfers for Eircom and will be one of first to get fibre once it's out.

Advertisement