Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan/Grant for repeating privately

• 26-08-2013 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Does anyone have any idea if its possible for me to get a student loan or grant in order for me to repeat the leaving in a private institute, the cost is about €6,900.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

You wont get a grant from the government for private education.

You'll have to get a loan from the bank where you will need someone to go guarantor for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Ana27 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea if its possible for me to get a student loan or grant in order for me to repeat the leaving in a private institute, the cost is about €6,900.

no.. if there are cheaper options available for you ,will not get a grant. Try a V.E.C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Ana27 wrote: »

You will most definitely not get a grant. Think about it ... why should the government give a grant for this, which is in effect being handed over as a subsidy to a private business, when they're cutting back right left and centre in the state system?!

As to a loan, I suspect if you're normal school-leaving age it would have to be your parents applying for the loan ... i.e. I doubt if it would be seen as a college / student loan.

Advertisement