Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Log book

• 26-08-2013 5:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭

lOST my vechicle reg book < have nct Friday anyone know if they do look for it when you go there

And where do i go to get a replacement have form filled out and stamp by gardas any help :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

They usually look at for the reg and details but you could just tell them you forgot it, sure you will have your driving license with you but they might be awkward.

The Department of Transport in Shannon usually deal with replacements and new Log books

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

They may test it for you, but won't issue the test cert. until you produce the VRC, it depends on who you deal with on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Normally what they will do if they ask for it is still test the car but will not give you the pass cert until you produce the log book. Chances are they won't ask for it though but you could get someone who is in bad form or new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭arais

put 1 car last week and another today at limerick and wasn't asked for log book on either occassion

in each case the owner of the car showed their driving license as id

no problem getting the cert on the one that passed the other failed on worn wiper likage so has to be re tested

I think if the registerd owner presents the car with ID they don't usually look for the log book

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

In the last few years I have been to the NCT centre numerous times with both my own and my partners cars and have never once been asked for a log book, only ever look for a driving licence.

• Advertisement
Advertisement