Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student starting arts in UCD

Options
  • 26-08-2013 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi my name is Shane im 26 and Im starting an arts degree in archeology and history the couple of weeks just wondering is there many other mature students starting interested in meeting new people be nice to know somebody close to my age before I start :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Hey. 24, starting English and Sociology. Were you at the essay workshop last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Shane 25

No man trying to sqeeze every penny I can out of work while I can Going to the mature induction thing on saturday?

Yup, just trying to figure out who's best for which questions. Nervous or excited yet?

Honestly Im very nervous ive been out of college sense I was 19 now dont know really what to expect what about yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Nothing to be nervous about. I'll be in on Saturday helping out with the Orientation so if you have questions you can ask then or PM if you want.

• Advertisement

Shane 25 wrote: »
    Honestly Im very nervous ive been out of college sense I was 19 now dont know really what to expect what about yourself?

I think I'm bricking it, though I'm trying distract myself with 101 things that need doing beforehand. Have you got everything sorted regarding stuff you wanna know? Keep thinking I've got a scope of it, and something else pops up. Eyes set on any electives?

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I think I'm bricking it, though I'm trying distract myself with 101 things that need doing beforehand. Have you got everything sorted regarding stuff you wanna know? Keep thinking I've got a scope of it, and something else pops up. Eyes set on any electives?

There with ya man honestly a little worse off then you Im moving to dublin and still dont have a place .Thats really putting me behind on everything....waiting on a letter from A.I.T to prove im out of college more then 5 years so I dont have to pay tuition fees...Because that will destroy me...as regards what I want to know I really dont know I think I will just say what pops in my head...what about you?electives I really should be thinking more about wouldnt mind physch though what about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BinaryRyan

Howdy,
    I know what you mean about accom its a nightmare at the moment with the no students signs etc... Does put a kink in getting settled in before Saturday and next week

Just so you know, none of the cafes or restaurants will be open on Saturday, so you may want to bring a snack as it can be a long day.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Pawblo Pugcasso

Maldesu wrote: »
    Just so you know, none of the cafes or restaurants will be open on Saturday, so you may want to bring a snack as it can be a long day.

I'm going into second year Commerce myself. Is there a mature student society do you know?

• Advertisement

I'm going into second year Commerce myself. Is there a mature student society do you know?

Yes there is. Since you aren't likely to be at the Orientation, there will be a stand during Freshers or you can just come along to one of the events and join. Having drinks on the 5th. You can see on the FB page
    http://www.ucd.ie/maturesoc/
    https://www.facebook.com/UCDMature

Advertisement