Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cringefest... Miley Cyrus MTV last night.... Omg

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

This isn't a case of her personal life being scrutinised here..

She sings about doing 'lines in the bathroom' in one of her recent songs and smokes (fake or not) 'hash' on stage at an award show which is being broadcast worldwide.. her target audience is teenagers..

Can you really say that that's not irresponsible? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

xzanti wrote: »
    This isn't a case of her personal life being scrutinised here..

She sings about doing 'lines in the bathroom' in one of her recent songs and smokes (fake or not) 'hash' on stage at an award show which is being broadcast worldwide.. her target audience is teenagers..

Can you really say that that's not irresponsible? :confused:

But she doesn't write them, they are written for her and she chooses to sing them, no that is not a great idea IMO but it is to get her attention and the video to wrecking ball plus her MTV appearances further prove that point, but it is clear she does not see herself as a role model, so why do people insist on her being one. Other singers are famous and never seen as such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

xzanti wrote: »
    her target audience is teenagers..

Where did you get this from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Fair to assume that her tween audience from her tv and earlier music days have continued on and would therefore be teenagers now. Not a big leap to make.

RainyDay wrote: »
    Where did you get this from?

Go look on the covers of all the teen magazines.. I guarantee she's either gracing the covers or there's some editorial about her in there..

Also, the video for her recent video too 'We won't stop', full of teenagers, doing teenager things..

Not exactly engineered to attract the older audience is it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,701 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think now Miley likes all the controversy plus media and twitter attention she is getting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Brand: Publicity Whore (TM)

Ingredients: scraped from the bottom of the barrel.

Effects: Look at me, look at me, buy my reccuds.

tricky D wrote: »
    Brand: Publicity Whore (TM)

Ingredients: scraped from the bottom of the barrel.

Effects: Look at me, look at me, buy my reccuds.

Whoever her PR team are, they are genius's. I don't agree with their tactics, but it is as clear as day said tactics are working a charm. She is the topic on everyone's minds.

With regards her liking the attention, she may adore it, or she could be living her own version of personal hell. None of us know.

People don't seem to realise how little these people get a say in their own lives. Their fashion, their food everything is dictated to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Exactly, she stole the show's headlines yet again. I'm sure all the "artists" attending wish they thought of that. She doesn't care about being a role model; she cares about selling records and being famous. It's what Lady Gaga was doing a couple of years ago, turning up in meat clothes.

She doesn't care about being a role model; she cares about selling records and being famous.

Her songs are catchy, she's a good singer and beautiful looking girl to boot.. the drugs thing is unnecessary. There's no need for it imho.
    It's what Lady Gaga was doing a couple of years ago, turning up in meat clothes.

That's eccentric and edgy.. she's not promoting behaviour that's destructive and addictive.

In fact she has just come out to say that she herself suffered with a drug addiction (prescription and illicit) and is warning people about the effects it can have on their lives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

When's the sex tape out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

flanzer wrote: »
    When's the sex tape out?

Probably when her popularity dips a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

She's currently leading the poll to become Time's Person of the Year, beating out the likes of Malala Yousafzai and Egypt's Abdel Fatah El-Sisi. Seriously. This is the world we live in.

Ah here.

She's currently leading the poll to become Time's Person of the Year, beating out the likes of Malala Yousafzai and Egypt's Abdel Fatah El-Sisi. Seriously. This is the world we live in.

Why do they even have an option like her. That just proves it's a farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I thought I read somewhere recently that she was voted one of the least influential celebrities of 2013. If I am correct in saying that then it just goes to show the answer will vary according to who you ask, the people they have to pick from, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

That poll is a publicity vehicle for Time. The actual award is decided by a completely different process and Time regularly ignore the outcome of the online vote. So no, there is zero chance of Miley Cyrus winning Person of the Year

(As an example, the 'winner' of the first online poll for Person of the Year was wrestler Mick Foley)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,701 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

She presented the VMAs this year, more madder than a bag of frogs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

The drag queens rocked

Advertisement