Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HJC Helmets

• 26-08-2013 6:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hows the form lads? Just a quick hello!
    Reading through boards forever but never posted until today because I was only flicking through the topics in the truck when if i had a spare few minutes.

Just wondering what ye think of the HJC brand of lid.

Cheers!
    Dan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Very good lid, well made and comfortable. They would not be in the same league as Shoei or Arai but they are one of the better makes on the market. If I could not afford the top 2 it would be a HJC or a Shark lid.

I currently have an Arai and a HJC and while I do favour the Arai the HJC is very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I've got a HJC FG15
    Very comfortable. Only thing a can say is that hjc lids tend to be bigger overall than the more expensive brands. That's fine by me cause I'm not spending 600 quid on a helmet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Top job. All I wear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

HJC IS-16 here and has kept my noggin in grand condition twice now after a couple of low speed offs anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

I have the HJC RPHA10 (Ben Spies Replica) very comfy lid, and had the IS-16 when I had a bad off last year. I was pleasantly (and thankfully) surprised how well it held up, given the severity of impact. Highly recommended. Not a thing wrong with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

I have the IS-16 now a few months and can't fault it :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Had a HJC before and definitely wouldn't mind getting one again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

Cienciano wrote: »
    Had a HJC before and definitely wouldn't mind getting one again.

hah, funny turn of phrase.. its like passive enthusiasm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Wossack wrote: »
    hah, funny turn of phrase.. its like passive enthusiasm
    It's sort of like a tick box when you're filling in an online form, the spam tick box:
    "Please don't tick this box if you don't want us to not send you emails about our deals"

OP will have to work out wheather i like hjc's or not! Yep, good lid.
    And the plus side, remember seeing an ad for it in a bike mag, had a woman wearing nothing but the hjc lid. She looked like a sex robot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭HamSambo

Cienciano wrote: »
    And the plus side, remember seeing an ad for it in a bike mag, had a woman wearing nothing but the hjc lid. She looked like a sex robot.

Sold :D

• Advertisement

Thanks a million for the responses lads, helps a lot. Think i'll go with the HJC FG15 Arrowy.
    Cheers
    Dan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

HamSambo wrote: »
    Thanks a million for the responses lads, helps a lot. Think i'll go with the HJC FG15 Arrowy.
    Cheers
    Dan
    I have the fg15-prism, nice lid, only thing I don't like is the cheek pads seems a bit more snug than other brands I've tried- although this probably isn't a bad thing from a safety point. Good buy at £50 too..got it on sale.

cojomo2 wrote: »
    I have the fg15-prism, nice lid, only thing I don't like is the cheek pads seems a bit more snug than other brands I've tried- although this probably isn't a bad thing from a safety point. Good buy at £50 too..got it on sale.

At least they will loosen slightly with wear, I have the HJC RPHA-10 "Ben Spies" Monster Replica its a very good lid and comfy too.

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Good buy at £50 too..got it on sale.

:eek: Bargain!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,391 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Buying a Ben Spies replica is kinda like saying 'crash into me here'. He must have used up all his good luck in a past life, or something...

Scrap the cap!

ninja900 wrote: »
    Buying a Ben Spies replica is kinda like saying 'crash into me here'. He must have used up all his good luck in a past life, or something...

It was the monster livery I was after not so much the Spies replica. I got it for a very good price too. I would have got it even if Stephen Hawkings was on it.....:D

Advertisement