Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenroyal for sale?

Options
  • 26-08-2013 8:12pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.irishhouses.ie/nama/nama-property-sale-kildare-house-prices.php

"Kildare Glenroyal Hotel & Leisure Centre Maynooth Type: Hotel

Selling Agent: Hooke & MacDonald
    Selling Agent Phone Number: 01 661 0100
    Receiver: Grant Thornton Receiver Phone Number: 01 680 5805
    Brochure: N/A

Please contact the receiver or sales agent directly with any queries regarding this property.

Signup for our Email Alerts & Newsletter and keep up to date with new NAMA properties for sale and rent. "

I knew it was in receivership but I thought that it was doing ok and just noticed this..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

NAMA have to sell everything at some point. Its been "for sale" for a suitable offer since the day they took it over.

That list is not current either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

This isn't unusual. The Glenroyal itself is doing well - it's just the owners that are screwed. It'll be bought as a going concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

Hopefully they will reduce the €1200 family membership for leisure center.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

ElKavo wrote: »
    Hopefully they will reduce the €1200 family membership for leisure center.

Overall I think their prices for the leisure centre are a little out of whack. No budging on prices EVER and I know they have lost members and potential members because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

I doubt they'll be reducing the price to be honest, they've just got a brand new kit out of machines in July

• Advertisement

SQ2 wrote: »
    I doubt they'll be reducing the price to be honest, they've just got a brand new kit out of machines in July

If they want more members then they need to think outside the box. Just because they have a pool doesn't allow them the prices they quote. If they were a little more flexible with their pricing they would have far more members. Like for example there are no off-peak pricing, no pricing for the gym minus the use of the pool. No pool only pricing which I looked into.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's no easy access control for doing pool- or gym-only. Off-peak would make sense, I believe they do it for >65s but not everyone else already.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

If they want more members then they need to think outside the box. Just because they have a pool doesn't allow them the prices they quote. If they were a little more flexible with their pricing they would have far more members. Like for example there are no off-peak pricing, no pricing for the gym minus the use of the pool. No pool only pricing which I looked into.

It's busy enough in the evenings as it is, I'm not too sure there's room for far more members!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Lepidoptera

SQ2 wrote: »
    It's busy enough in the evenings as it is, I'm not too sure there's room for far more members!

That's why offering general off-peak membership would make a lot of sense. It's very quiet in the off hours.

Still... Their membership is overpriced. My current Gym / pool membership is less than 600 for the whole family and includes all classes both peak and off peak. Mind you, it is in Portlaoise so there is that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I thought that their membership was absolutely crazy.
    I wish Maynooth had a public pool.

Yep a Public pool or even a reasnoably priced private one would do the job. I dont think there is one near though. Probably clondalkin or stewarts would be the closest I think. Or there is always the canal:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭paul71

Looking at the prices in the hotel in Enfield there does not seem to be a massive difference.

paul71 wrote: »
    Looking at the prices in the hotel in Enfield there does not seem to be a massive difference.

Which hotel?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Johnstown house hotel maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭paul71

beertons wrote: »
    Johnstown house hotel maybe.

Correct, swimming pool and gym, family membership is only €50 cheaper then Glenroyal.

Advertisement