Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castletownroche - Beautiful!

Options
  • 26-08-2013 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

Just a word of Very Well Done to everyone living & working in Castletownroche!

Passed through there en route to Dungarvan for the Sean Kelly tour of Waterford and it was simply beautiful. Went through years back going shopping in Waterford with my mom and she still comments on that lovely looking village from that shopping trip!

It was spotless and had lovely flower gardens & baskets. Castletownroche was just Beautiful & my apologies for not saying so on here sooner to all living & working there! Very Well Done to all who are involved with it's upkeep :)

& Thanks for brightening up our journey to Dungarvan,
    kerry4sam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

It is a lovely place. The view as you enter the village from the Fermoy direction is gorgeous, with the mill, the little bridge and the church on top of the hill.
    I passed through it yesterday and I really hope the village does well in Tidy Towns this year, everything is so bright and clean. It's a great testament to the community there. Well done folks! :)

http://www.avondhupress.ie/20130829/news/great-anticipation-as-castletownroche-invited-to-tidy-towns-awards-S36234.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Lovely little spot though hilly if you get out at the top to walk down to the river!
    Nice plaque commemorating local song writer and of course home village of the great athlete Fanahan McSweeney tragically taken from this world at a young age.
    And if not mistaken I think John Joe O Neill former jockey and current trainer is from the parish also.

Advertisement