Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combining date and time.

Options
  • 26-08-2013 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a drop down list I want to incorporate in to a formula. The drop down box in cell H15 will populate AV5 & AW5. I want a formula to combine the date in H13 and the value in cell AV5 and in AW5 in cells AV7 & AW7. Any help greatly appreciated,

Thanks
    Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

Not 100% sure how you want to "combine" the data. There may be a simpler way of doing things.

Date and time in excel are handled by considering the date a number of days from 1901? and the time as a decimal (e.g. 0.5 is 12 noon). as your look up is returning a time you could just add them together.

If you want them formatted you could use string concatenation "&"

e.g. =H15&" on the " & TEXT(H13,"dd mmm yyyy")

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

this should work =H13+AV5 but have your cells formatted as custom and dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm as you can see from my snip

change to dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss if you wnt seconds also

dont worry about the number below i was trying another method but it did not work ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Ste1605

Thanks for the help guys problem is now solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

but just for others who might search and find this can you post result ? just formula

Advertisement