Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any potters here?

Options
  • 26-08-2013 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

Im looking to get hold of some potters because im trying to get my hands on ceramic insulation for the inside of a kiln / forge.

Basically its ceramic material that looks like fiberglass insulation.

See this
    http://shop.vitcas.com/ekmps/shops/vitcasltd/images/-length-1-metre-length--198-p.jpg

I would like to buy local, if not waterford then at least Ireland.
    Ive had no luck thus far!

Im hoping someone has a contact!
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

house in cathedral square does a bit of that stuff (near corner if you were heading to greyfriars, loads of pottery stuff in window). you could try knocking on door or getting a number if there is one in window

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

never even thought of it!
    Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 EDB66

Could also try Irish Handmade Glass Company up that area or any of the others companies too as that stuff is widely used in crystal production to line furnaces etc.

this is great!
    thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭joni1

Waterford Homecrafts are sure to have a potter amongst their members. They do a craft fair in Garter Lane every Christmas and another one or two during the year in the Fisherman's Hall in Dunmore. Garter Lane would probably have contact details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Ive pot if your looking for some. :cool:

ehhh.. no, im grand thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭TheVandal

I'd love to give pottery a go. Sculpting clay and the likes looks like good craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

potter,harry ,potter

Advertisement