Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie with Aritech System

Options
  • 26-08-2013 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi List
    This is my first post so I hope I'm in the right area. I have an old Aritech CS450 with a AS525 Siren unit and have fitted and wired it using just one PIR at the moment. When I set the alarm the display tells me System is OK, then Leave Now, but after about a 30 sec or so continuous beep the system disarms.
    I have terminated all zones except no. 1 using the little resistors ege resistor loops across 4 and 5 for zone 2. Any idea whats wrong. BTW I'm totally new to alarms so I have very little knowledge - but would welcome some.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Zone 1 is an Entry Exit zone . What is on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭murria

You must have an entry/exit zone active for the panel to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 eoinie

I'm using zone 1 for the PIR sensor. Not good eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

What exactly does the keypad do after the timer has finished?

What zone type is zone 1 programmed as?

I get a System OK message. Then a Leave Now message with a continuous beep for about 30 secs. Then a System Disarmed message and the red light on the keypad comes on. The it reverts to the date and time.

• Advertisement

Sorry, forget the second part of your question. I didn't program zone 1 at all.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Zone 1 is entry exit when the timer runs out its going into alarm thats why the red light is showing on the keypad.
    Do you have any bells connected to this system ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I'd say the internal has tripped but there's nothing connected to the output.

Yes. I have an external siren unit fitted and wired. Probably wired incorrectly though because theres nothing happening out there.

The external bell will not ring on an exit fault..

• Advertisement

Thought I had the thing going there but when I came back to it the keypad and 12v side of panel is dead. I have 12v to the red resistor next to the power in connection on PCB. Also getting nothing across the battery terminals 29 and 30 and nothing between19 and 20 (power to keypad). But when I go between 19 (red) and the - on the 12v side of transformer I get about 8 volts. The four fuses are good. Any ideas?
    Thanks for the help

Have you checked all the fuses by removing them & checking the continuity ?

Just checked and there are two blown. I had checked them in situ and they were fine. I thought they were meant to be the connection between the two ends of the fuse holder. Thanks

You will always get continuity on a fuse if its still on the PCB .

Thanks again for your help

Your welcome.
    Are you all sorted with it?

Dont think so. Probably some more problems down the road as soon as I get power back. Will post as they show up.

Thanks again

Still in trouble it seems. I got the panel and keypad fired up again and have connected a reed switch to the entry/exit on zone1 (with no resistor across it).
    I also have the o/s siren connected but I suspect thats wrong (will correct later). My problem now is Im getting as far as Leave Now in the keypad with the 30 sec continuous beep but then it jumps to the red alarm light and I get Disarmed on the keypad screen. I'm getting there but could do with some more help.

Thanks

You will need either single or duel end of line resistors depending on what's programmed in loop type.

Using 4K7 resistor across zone1 and all empty zones. No change in status.

• Advertisement

For the contact on zone one to be working the resistor has to be wired in series with the contact if loop type is set to single.
    If loop type is duel then you wire 1 resistor in series and one across the zone.

I don't know what you mean by setting the loop type to single or dual. The schematic shows the resistor crossing 2 and 3.

Check the setting in Zones>Loop Type. Does that say single or duel?
    The 4k7 resistor across the zone means the zone is closed...
    For it to see the contact opening and closing the contact must be wired in series with that resistor.

All good so far. Did what you said and the alarm is activating once I close zone 1. Shouldn't I be getting a buzzer and alert from the key though when I open zone 1 again while alarm is set?

Yes once the front door opens the entry timer should start.

Not happening.

Have you got the resistor wired in series. Is it located in the contact?

Its not located in the reed switch but across the 2 and 3 terminals in the main panel

If the resistor is across the zone terminals how is zone to ever open?
    Take the resistor out and wire it in at the contact in series with the contact.

• Advertisement

Did that but now getting an open T Zone at zone1

Advertisement