Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 case

• 26-08-2013 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

Can someone please recommend a fairly bulletproof case for an iPhone 5???
    I've just bought one and I'd like to hold on to it for a reasonable period of time, unfortunately I'm less than careful with phones, plus my job can be fairly hard on them too.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

TheFarrier wrote: »
    I've just bought one and I'd like to hold on to it for a reasonable period of time, unfortunately I'm less than careful with phones, plus my job can be fairly hard on them too.
    Thanks

Are you a secret agent by any chance? :P Why bulletproof?

Otterbox do a very strong case. There's lots of makes out there. Only problem is the price can be quite high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Yep Otterbox Defender is the way to go if you want a bulletproof case.

This is my one http://www.amazon.co.uk/OtterBox-Defender-Series-iPhone-Glacier/dp/B0091C64IU

Downside is it makes the phone a lot bulkier but for me its worth it for peace of mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

The Zoogue Social Pro cases are excellent, tough and not that bulky. Also, every few weeks they do massive sales/allow you to buy a couple for 99c + postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

I've been told about the otterbox defender, sounds good but as you say, it looks very bulky. Also i'v heard they cost up to 60 quid yet i'v seen them on amazon for about 12. Are these fakes or copies ns just bargains??? I can't follow that link atm but i.ll check it out, and the zoogue one as well. Thanks a million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I have an Otterbox defender and used it when I first got the 5, I work on site so I thought it'd be the best job. But it still let small bits of grit in and that made tiny scratches on the sides. And it makes the phone about twice it's size. It's a pain in the arse if I'm honest, really big and ugly. Got it on amazon for about 25 quid last December so it's probably cheaper now.

I ended up just buying a rubber one and screen protector and stopped using the Otterbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Blindside87

If your worrying about it being bulky you can just get a good bumper case..most of them are signal boosters as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

The defender model is fairly bulletproof but the screen cover part affects veiwing especially when outdoors in bright daylight and would bug me
    My work mate has one as she's brutal for dropping stuff

Try otterbox commuter and invisishield or invisible shield for the screen protection

Both have served me well on iphone 4 and 5

If your a total clutz stick to the defender

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

If your worrying about it being bulky you can just get a good bumper case..most of them are signal boosters as well.

Like the idea of a signal boosting case, but what's a bumper case???

I.ll check out the otterbox commuter too, thanks a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, go down to Moore St. and you'll get what you're looking for for less than €10. I have a Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini, I foolishly did not buy a cover and after dropping it and breaking the screen and paying €80 for the repair, I bought a cover in one of the phone shops in Moore St. for €8 which makes my phone effectvely bulletproof.

I also own an Apple iTouch for which the InCase (not cheap) covers are brilliant but for a mobile phone you need something cheap and cheerful which can withstand a drop onto a hard surface.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭shanec1928

coylemj wrote: »
    OP, go down to Moore St. and you'll get what you're looking for for less than €10. I have a Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini, I foolishly did not buy a cover and after dropping it and breaking the screen and paying €80 for the repair, I bought a cover in one of the phone shops in Moore St. for €8 which makes my phone effectvely bulletproof.

I also own an Apple iTouch for which the InCase (not cheap) covers are brilliant but for a mobile phone you need something cheap and cheerful which can withstand a drop onto a hard surface.
    is this a new range out;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I have a poetic atmosphere case.
    Dropped it a few times too ;)

slim and not bulky at all, usually pop up on amazon from time to time with free shipping through Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Blindside87

Like the idea of a signal boosting case, but what's a bumper case???

I.ll check out the otterbox commuter too, thanks a lot.

It's a case around the frame of the iPhone. You would know them to see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Thanks
    I got one of these last year when I bought my 5. It keeps it safe from falls and scratches. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭golfnut1

Advertisement