Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oddest response you've gotten to vaping

Options
  • 26-08-2013 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

I've had mostly good responses to vaping, people ask me what it is, many want to try it. Tonight my father told me to stop because it was unladylike :confused: I laughed and told him to go away with his archaic notions and then asked him would he prefer me to be smoking? He said no and that ended the conversation.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you should have given birth right there in front of him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I'm so tired of explaining what I'm vaping on in public,it's relentless lately.

The usual "is that a crackpipe","could you put weed in it?"

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

The weed one i get quite often too followed by is this an asthma device...
    I have converted and educated so many and this is gaining at work, smokers are still the majority but vapers rising in numbers fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I got asked by a shopkeeper "Are you diabetic or something?" - when she spotted it in my hand. WTF did she think? I was going to inject myself in the middle of the shop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

''oh yeah well where do ya light it then, i don't see the flame?'' is my most recent favourite.

i don't mind people saying anything really, as long as they're polite about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I'm so tired of explaining what I'm vaping on in public,it's relentless lately.

I call mine my crackpipe or my mini bong at times just for the laugh, if someone asks me can I put weed in it then I usually play along, it gets a great laugh usually.

I was actually quite pissed at my dad for saying it, it's not like its some massive device either, just an AGR tank on top of an ego twist, which maybe isn't terribly discrete but in comparison to some others I've seen. The reaction I've gotten from men when I'm out has never been bad, usually asking questions, how much it costs, how it works, what kind of flavours can you get, can I have a go. He can be a bit of an oddball at times my dad so I shouldn't have been surprised, I'd hate to see what he'd say if he saw me out in the pub drinking pints of Guinness! :pac::D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Don't really get any odd response, the worst really is from the usual 'haters' is, 'ah but your probably addicted to that now', .. Nothing else really, apart from the fact, feeling a bit guilty myself, like when am sitting in the car filling my clearomizer and hoping people passing don't think I'm jacking up....

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I got the diabetic thing before, someone thought it was a syringe when I took it put to have coffee :-p

I call mine my pipe. Makes it seem all fancy, where as its just a ego-k with a Kanger t3s head!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

(I get two kinds of reaction "Are you another trying to quit smoking" and "I read that their worse than fags".
    I tell people I like that it an ecig, used instead of smoking and people I don't like, to fck off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I was told by a smoker I'm just kidding myself!

Kidding myself that I can now walk Killiney hill and not be out of breath?

Kidding myself that I have more than halved my monthly spend?

Kidding myself that I no longer smell like an ashtray?

Yeah, she replied???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

"Is that one of them pretend cigarettes?
    FFS, be a man and smoke a real one".

And then he pulled out Silk Cut Blue ... :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

"It's an e-cigarette" and "they're working on it" are my responses. It tends to shut most of the unclean up. If asked is it a crack pipe, I'd usually take a big inhale, say a guilty "noooo", and proceed to cough my lungs up.

Although if I know them, I have often said (if they're a smoker) "here, stick this in your mouth and smoke it". It shuts them up, they usually like it, and have questions on where to get one. Oh, and yes, it does sound dodgy as hell, but bleh.
    I was told by a smoker I'm just kidding myself!
    "Stick this in your mouth, it tastes like strawberries/bubble gum/refresher bars/etc" :P

=-=

The great thing is, it looks like a proper pipe, and so people are confused. They see the pipe, the "smoke", but smell sweets. I can be walking next to them for 20 minutes before they'll muster up the courage to ask about it.

And then I tell them to stick it in their mouth.

I have a 40% success rate of people who stick it in their mouth to taste whatever I'm vaping that day. Mostly they moan about it being so sweet, but when I tell them I've been off the smokes for 5 months, they become interested. Unlike some people, I'm not looking to give them up, so I just say that they're "a replacement" to smokes, but that it can help you give them up if they wanted to.

=-=

I'm 6 foot 6, shaved head, and a beard. If I say it's a crackpipe, the questions sometimes just stop there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

the_syco wrote: »
    I have a 40% success rate of people who stick it in their mouth

Nice

Advertisement