Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infection

• 26-08-2013 10:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

My girlfriend who is now 34 weeks pregnant received a letter today from holles street stating that at her last check up they did a swab test and it came back that she has an infection.
    Is it just me or is it absolutely outrageous to send first of all,,,a letter and not a phone call?!
    Secondly it just says you have an infection and there is a prescription attached no other info given?!
    I'm absolutely furious over this!
    Am I over reacting here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭chuckster

Same thing happened to me after I had bloods done.. I received a letter in the post a few days later with a prescription... my immediate thought when I received it was that they should have picked up the phone to tell me and I could have got the medication sooner but then I just thought if it was serious they would have done that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭Ciarabear

I'd imagine that the hospital are obliged to inform you in writing by way of proof that they made contact. If it was something urgent, I'm sure you'd be contacted immediately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I have to agree with the others, while I'd be a bit miffed it's obviously nothing serious or they would have picked up the phone and called you. I'm sure they've lots of phone calls to make every day and the non essential ones just get a letter instead.

If you're unhappy I'd complain but I think it's standard procedure, probably a kidney infection or thrush or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I got a letter like that about my iron being low, the letter advised starting on galfer. As the others have said, they would call you if it was serious, the letter is probably just for the paper trail. Give them a call to follow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Thanks guys,ye think initially I was extremely annoyed but your prob right in that if it had been serious they would have called!she got the prescription this morning anyway so hopefully all good!!
    Thanks again guys!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement