Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hailo feedback

• 26-08-2013 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭

Hope someone can help me out with this.

Got a taxi yesterday from my house through Hailo App and it turned out to be a neighbour.

I'd had a long weekend on the booze and wasn't paying attention when I was finishing off the process of the Hailo app.
    In the short of it I ended up giving my neighbour
    0 stars on Hailo.
    Any way I can go back and change that?

I've heard through taxi drivers that they can see what you give them. Or is that only a ploy to make sure you give them 5 stars?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Id say email them, explain the situation and they might correct it. They won't want negative feedback so if there's anything that can be done I'd say they'll be happy to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Id say email them, explain the situation and they might correct it. They won't want negative feedback so if there's anything that can be done I'd say they'll be happy to do it.

Good idea.
    Thanks

Hey, you should definitely email in and try and change this. I took a hailo cab today and the driver was telling me that if they get 3 bad feedbacks they are cut from the service and can't use it anymore.
    Same with customers apparently!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

I've a different question: I ordered a Hailo cab tonight. I was at home with GPS and wifi on. It still picked up the wrong address, c. 600 metres away. I could edit the address, but it merely put the edited address on to the existing incorrect address. I could not work out how to remove the incorrect address entirely. This is the second time this has happened this week. Anybody have any solution?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Rebelheart wrote: »
    I've a different question: I ordered a Hailo cab tonight. I was at home with GPS and wifi on. It still picked up the wrong address, c. 600 metres away. I could edit the address, but it merely put the edited address on to the existing incorrect address. I could not work out how to remove the incorrect address entirely. This is the second time this has happened this week. Anybody have any solution?

I would guess that's down to the GPS system in your phone, it's obviously struggling to get the signal, try standing outside when you do it.

Though, you know you can move the pointer on the map to your location as well as typing it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

On mine, the point is right . The address in text is wrong though,

On mine, the point is right . The address in text is wrong though,

Same happens to me all the time. One taxi driver told me it didn't matter, that they see the map as you do and direct themselves toward the pin of your location. Another guy seemed to just read the address and couldn't find me but rang to see where I was.That sort of negates the convenience of the service though.

The fact that you can't fully edit the address or ad a note like "please come to the main enterance" etc is definitely a negative with the system I have found.

Same happens to me all the time. One taxi driver told me it didn't matter, that they see the map as you do and direct themselves toward the pin of your location. Another guy seemed to just read the address and couldn't find me but rang to see where I was.That sort of negates the convenience of the service though.

The fact that you can't fully edit the address or ad a note like "please come to the main enterance" etc is definitely a negative with the system I have found.

I agree entirely. Last weekend I was at Balscadden carpark in Howth. I used Hailo to order a taxi to Balscadden car park. The Hailo app could not identify this spot and insisted I was on Harbour Road. I edited it to say Balscadden Car [it would not allow me to write any more!], but it persisted in claiming I was on Harbour Road. I could not edit that. The taxi went to Harbour Road, waited and left (at this stage my phone had no signal to ring him). I used Hailo again ten minutes later and immediately rang the taxi who accepted the call to tell him precisely where I was. He arrived and said I'd be charged €5 for the first taxi waiting for me on Harbour Road. That's not right and makes me feel a bit conned by Hailo and its refusal to allow me to edit an address.

Nolimits wrote: »
    I would guess that's down to the GPS system in your phone, it's obviously struggling to get the signal, try standing outside when you do it.

Though, you know you can move the pointer on the map to your location as well as typing it in.

I was fully outside in Balscadden car park at the outside café looking at Ireland's Eye but it did not recognise the place and instead sent the taxi into Howth village a km or so away from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭GIMP

Use 8202020 app, you can edit addresses with no problem and you get 20% off too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

You could give them feedback either through the app or via their FB page, they seem pretty quick in sorting out problems ( if you don't tell them about app problems how can they fix them? )
    https://www.facebook.com/HailoIreland

Advertisement