Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing induction, orientation!

Options
  • 26-08-2013 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Due to booking a holiday to Ibiza last September! im going to miss my induction/orientation day ,what wouldbe my best course of action,should i contact someone from DIT and explain or what ? Any advice most welcome!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nicearbhaill

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ODochartaigh

I misread the dates and turned up a day late - the day I was supposed to collect my student card. I thought that was it and went home but found out yesterday that I missed my whole induction day. I tried contacting the school and left messages but I got no reply. I went down as well but there was no one about to tell me anything. I'm supposed to start tomorrow and have no fecking idea what I'm supposed to do.

Anybody help?

call into or phone your School in the morning. You can look up your timetable online...make sure you follow the user guide. Lots of people think timetables arent there but they are (for the most part :))...you just need to look it up with a few clicks. You can collect your student card tomorrow in DIT Aungier Street ...after that from either DIT Bolton Street or Aungier Street.

Classes do start tomorrow. Dont panic. Lots of people wander around aimlessly for the first week. If there was noone around in your School last week just remember inductions were talking place so they were probably at that. Dont just try the School secretary...try your Head of School and/or Programme Chair.

:)

call into or phone your School in the morning. You can look up your timetable online...make sure you follow the user guide. Lots of people think timetables arent there but they are (for the most part :))...you just need to look it up with a few clicks. You can collect your student card tomorrow in DIT Aungier Street ...after that from either DIT Bolton Street or Aungier Street.

Classes do start tomorrow. Dont panic. Lots of people wander around aimlessly for the first week. If there was noone around in your School last week just remember inductions were talking place so they were probably at that. Dont just try the School secretary...try your Head of School and/or Programme Chair.

:)

Thanks - still bricking it but I'm sure it'll work itself out. :)

dont brick it...college is meant to be good craic....and it is the first week so lots of people wont know what they are doing.

Try and look up your timetable at least...it is a bit complicated but try at least. Get your student card as soon as you can aswell as you will need it for the library etc

• Advertisement

Yeah I got the timetable and printed off a copy for myself. I got my student card already too, but I don't think its activated. (I tried to use it to open the door at Bolton Street and it wouldn't)

ah so you are sorted ha ha

You will need to get your student card encoded for the front door in Bolton Street. Just call into the Student Service centre in Bolton Street and they will advise you how get that done. In the meantime use the Kings Inn Entrance

enjoy yourself

Thanks man, that's a few worries cleared up anyways :)

Advertisement