Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC 8x vs. Lumia 820

Options
  • 27-08-2013 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Both are the same price on Amazon. I would like to hear from people who have them about their opinions on them and which I should get.

HTC 8x or Nokia Lumia 820? 2 votes

HTC 8x
    0% 0 votes
    Nokia Lumia 820
    100% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

8x.

Gorgeous device. Have had mine since it came out and it's gorgeous. Great display, great camera only drawback is the 16GB memory with no expansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Lumia 820 for me, my wife has it since January and loves the phone, windows 8, unlike Android does not slow down after time. The phone is as snappy and user friendly as the day it was bought. Also you can add up to 64GB memory through micro sd slot. Ignore all the Android fanbios and try the device.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Ativ S is the real winner here :D

Windows 8 is universally fast on any device I used. So it comes to size, memory and camera really.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I'd have to vote for the 820, its a lovely piece of kit, plus Nokia seems to offer better support for its devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭ablelocks

liamog wrote: »
    I'd have to vote for the 820, its a lovely piece of kit, plus Nokia seems to offer better support for its devices.

I bought the 820 yesterday. This was the deciding factor for me over the ativ and the htc. But I'd say any of the three at this price are v.good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Ativ S is the real winner here :D

Windows 8 is universally fast on any device I used. So it comes to size, memory and camera really.

I second this emotion. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Have to agree aswell, I setup a Lumia 520 last week and boy was it quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Have to agree aswell, I setup a Lumia 520 last week and boy was it quick.
    Absolutely, the 520 is a surprisingly decent piece of kit (considering it's only about €99).

I'd say the ones that have the beefier processor or more RAM must be excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 CaptainKern

Everyone seems to prefer the 820 despite the 8x's better screan and internal storage. How much of the 820's storage is usable after the OS and preinstalled apps are installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭jamesccp

You go with nokia for all the extras, the nokia specific apps ect. Even with the microssoft GDR2 update nokia added their own amber update which adds alot. Nokia are all in on windows phone so they have to go the extra mile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Everyone seems to prefer the 820 despite the 8x's better screan and internal storage.

Build quality is better on the 820,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I would say the 8X its more on par with the Nokia 920 than the 820.

Advertisement