Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs in Dungarvan

Options
  • 27-08-2013 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Alright folks, group of lads headed to Dungarvan this weekend, wondering what pubs are good for a bit of craic, grub, music, sports etc etc. Not really on for mental style night clubs. Something laid back and handy.
    Any recommendations? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭backtobass

TOPDAWG2.0 wrote: »
    Alright folks, group of lads headed to Dungarvan this weekend, wondering what pubs are good for a bit of craic, grub, music, sports etc etc. Not really on for mental style night clubs. Something laid back and handy.

The anchor pub is a good spot. ..next to harbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Slow And One Sided

All ways good craic and good live music in 'the local' located in the square.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

Is Tommy Power's under new management. Heard it was sold in the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

For good pub grub try the moorings or Merry's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TOPDAWG2.0

Cheers lads. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Deise Musashi

3 euro night in Keane's in Mary St. Friday nights!

Lady Belle, Anchor, Moorings... Merry's is an excellent gastro pub, Kiely's is a bit out of the way but the back bar is large and has a stripper pole?

Hope ye enjoy it lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

TOPDAWG2.0 wrote: »

Were ye the guys who came into The Anchor at about 6pm? Hope ye enjoyed it, seemed like good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭lachin

Any recommendations on hotels?

The Park, but the food is good in Lawlor's!

• Advertisement

Lawlors has gotten terrible reviews on tripadvisor recently. Is it a very old hotel?

Very old! The downstairs lobby/bar/restaurant is grand but the rooms are tired and badly need doing up.
    I could not fault Conor Foran and the food he does in the restaurant though, very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

I could not fault Conor Foran and the food he does in the restaurant though, very nice.

+1 on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

lachin wrote: »
    Any recommendations on hotels?

In the town, Lawlors wins out for me for everything. Pity they don't have the leisure facilities that the Park has however. In the Park I always get the impression, that once you have your money handed over they don't care.

I just want to be able to have a nice comfortable stay.... Couldn't be dealing with musty grotty rooms... Call it for me lads, which hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

park hotel

Park, and The Tannery for dinner ;)

Advertisement