Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chase AIB Routing number Issue

Options
  • 27-08-2013 4:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭

Was told posting here might merit response but MOD feel free to remove if not.

Does anyone know how to transfer money from a US Account to AIB? My US bank needs a routing number and AIB and my US bank don't know what the equivalent is in order to transfer. SWIFT/BIC/IBAN is not being accepted as the routing number.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

physically sending a bank draft of a cheque is usually cheaper compared to US bank international money transfer. I myself used paypal and paid my irish paypal account and transferred to AIB from there. Very low commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Are you trying to make an account transfer or a wire transfer. As far as I can remember, you have create a wire transfer to send money internationally, you can't just transfer from one account to another. It will take a few more days than a regular transfer also and you can be charged money for it. I transferred money from Chase to BOI about 2 years ago and both said they didn't charge to send or receive international wires, however, they didn't inform me that they sent the money through a third party bank which charged me $25 for the transfer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

lil_lisa wrote: »
    Are you trying to make an account transfer or a wire transfer. As far as I can remember, you have create a wire transfer to send money internationally, you can't just transfer from one account to another. It will take a few more days than a regular transfer also and you can be charged money for it. I transferred money from Chase to BOI about 2 years ago and both said they didn't charge to send or receive international wires, however, they didn't inform me that they sent the money through a third party bank which charged me $25 for the transfer.

Im trying to do a wire transfer. Having done a bit of research now I think Western Union might be the best option, 5 day transfer has no charge to from US-IRE.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 duck_77

You need to go to a different section to set up an international transfer. This looks like a Domestic one. I have a Wire account (BoI) set up on my Chase Account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

Use PayPal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement