Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clipper trimmer and groomer for beard n balls

Options
  • 27-08-2013 6:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

Me trusty clippers is starting to give up, the battery won't last once it's unplugged and even plugged in it's going slower than it used to. The one I've been using is a hair clipper but did the job for trimming the beard, but it tended to give me the odd prick when I was trimming me prick area :D Looking for a replacement that's high quality with a decent battery (last one was Remington and was using it maybe twice a week for the last 8 years before it started showing signs of ageing so something equal or better). Don't mind paying a bit extra for something decent as long as it will last. Also a long power cord maybe as there's no plugs in the bathroom. So in summary

Quality fast and worry free beard and body grooming
    decent battery
    quality build that will last years of use.
    long power cord

cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

Got a comprehensive set in ALDI (new one on east wall rd) for around 18 lids. Really high quality piece of kit with loads of attachments and li ion battery to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭NeptunesMoon

thanks, would prefer not to go the aldi/lidl route and get something off amazon where I can read reviews and maybe go with a better known brand like remington/braun etc.

just looking for something to keep the stubble in shape and then something for the sack and crack so to speak :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

thanks, would prefer not to go the aldi/lidl route and get something off amazon where I can read reviews and maybe go with a better known brand like remington/braun etc.

just looking for something to keep the stubble in shape and then something for the sack and crack so to speak :D

I've been using the Philips Bodygroom for years. It's exactly what you're looking for. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-TT2040-Rechargeable-All--Bodygroom/dp/B003LPURPE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378885826&sr=8-1&keywords=bodygroom

cheers for that, it looks almost perfect and would be for me if there was a bit more adjustment on the bare blade itself, at the moment I use something very similar to this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61UJIYP0wDL._SL1348_.jpg

and it does me for everything, it's just a bit risky to use down belowso was hoping for something a bit more universal in that regard. I only keep stubble so the 3m attachment looks too big even and right now I use similar to whats linked to in the image above and just use the bare blade at it's minimum for some areas on the face and then at its max for the main stubble area. Is this possible at all with the phiilips?

cheers for that, it looks almost perfect and would be for me if there was a bit more adjustment on the bare blade itself, at the moment I use something very similar to this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61UJIYP0wDL._SL1348_.jpg

and it does me for everything, it's just a bit risky to use down belowso was hoping for something a bit more universal in that regard. I only keep stubble so the 3m attachment looks too big even and right now I use similar to whats linked to in the image above and just use the bare blade at it's minimum for some areas on the face and then at its max for the main stubble area. Is this possible at all with the phiilips?

I could be wrong but the blade on the Remington you posted in a lot wider and less manueverable than the Philips one that I use for downstairs. Aside from the odd nick (like once every few months and always my own fault), I've never had any safety issues. I use the different clips for beard trimming but to be honest I don't think the bare blade would best used for a face razor too. It's mainly for body hair shaving and facial hair trimming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

http://ie.remington-europe.com/men/grooming/beard-trimmers/barba-mb320c.html

I've gone through a few, including more expensive ones and the remington Barbara is by far the best I've used. They don't stock them in Argos anymore so amazon is probably the best bit.

It's lasted me 2+ years, battery is great and its really powerful. From my experience the babyliss ones are overpriced and just awful.

cheers for that, I've spent f**king ages researching this now and it seems I can't find one that suits everything I need. The mb320 might be the closest bet though.

Can you just confirm that:
    • it can be powered from the mains so if power drops to 0 I can plug it in and finish a shave.
    • I'd be able to get legths from 0 (for stray hairs I don't want) to say .5mm (above the lips) to 1-2-3-4-5mm (short stubble around the face).
    • that it's safe enough for the crown jewels with the head on

I can't bloody find one that has all that with good reviews. The MB4040 was almost there and boasts a much better battery but doesn't seem to cut to the lower settings from 0! arghh

cheers for that, I've spent f**king ages researching this now and it seems I can't find one that suits everything I need. The mb320 might be the closest bet though.

Can you just confirm that:
    • it can be powered from the mains so if power drops to 0 I can plug it in and finish a shave.
    • I'd be able to get legths from 0 (for stray hairs I don't want) to say .5mm (above the lips) to 1-2-3-4-5mm (short stubble around the face).
    • that it's safe enough for the crown jewels with the head on

I can't bloody find one that has all that with good reviews. The MB4040 was almost there and boasts a much better battery but doesn't seem to cut to the lower settings from 0! arghh

Why would the battery be important? You shouldn't need more than five mins!

Advertisement