Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

License question

Options
  • 27-08-2013 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hey guys I'm living in Victoria, is it possible to apply for a driving license from scratch here if I'm on a 417 visa. I have my provosional in Ireland, I mean a full license from scratch here, cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

If you're only going to be here a year or two on a 417, you won't get yor full licence in that timeframe.
    If you've had your provisional at home for longer than 3 years...

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Licences/NewToVictoria/OverseasDriversLicences.htm

If not, would think you'd have to get a learners permits, progress to red p then onto green p before a full licence. And I'm pretty sure to get the learners you need australian ID, like Medicare and passport. It could be same for your Ps

Phone Vic Roads to clarify

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

How did you get on Alt J? I've tried to get a full license from a provisional with no luck. I'm not here long enough to go through the hoops to go about getting a full license.

Advertisement