Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan

Options
  • 27-08-2013 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Dear Bank Of Ireland,

Please advise?

I contacted 365 5 weeks ago about clearing my loan and I was told to pay it off online or in branch so I decided to pay off online.
    I checked yesterday and another payment has went out and left me with a negative balance as I am closing my accounts.

I contacted 365 again yesterday and was told it was an error and it would be refunded overnight, I explained I was not happy with this and I was put through to the holding branch and left a voicemail, low and behold I never got a call back.

As far as I can see I am not in the wrong here as I took the advice I was told.

What is the best action here?

Thanks

D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi dmca77,

Thanks for your post.

When closing a loan in full, it is necessary to find out the full closing balance including any interest or fees that may have accumulated on this account. The standing order also needs to be cancelled via the branch/B365 to ensure no further payments are made.

Please contact your account holding branch directly or alternatively you can contact our Loans team on 0818 200 334 where a representative will be happy to check the status of your loan and refund any over payments applicable.

Please see here for our branch locator.

We hope this helps to clarify this issue for you. If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,

Paula C

Advertisement